Senior Product Designer, Mobile Apps
Ruby Labs is a leading tech company that operates subscription-based consumer products in the self-help and wellness market.
Our common vision is to create a tech company that builds a world-class self- help and wellness platform, to empower people to make self-care a way of life. A platform that is easily accessible for everyone and enjoyed for years. Since our launch, we've brought two successful products to the global market: Able and Hint, and are on track to launch a third in 2022.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to enhance our Product’s digital & online presence with eye-catching and professional visual designs based on best User Experience practices.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will consult with the product team to determine design requirements, design direction, co-create design prototypes, micro-interactions and submit concepts from the draft and high fidelity work for approval.
To be successful as a Senior Product Designer, you should exhibit experience in visual design and the ability to contribute creative expertise to brainstorming sessions. Find the best way to visually represent user experience interactions and flows.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive, and fun working environment.
- Understand, evolve, design the future of the brand guidelines and design language to create visuals that reflect the brand
- Use industry techniques like personas, JTBDs, journey maps, IA, diagramming, etc and conduct user interviews and surveys
- Work closely with the senior & junior design team members and development resources
- Plan, conduct, and analyze research for our existing and in-progress projects
- Synthesize primary research, develop insight-driven product strategy, present your ideas and facilitate workshops
- Apply usability heuristics and UX laws in designs and make sure designed interfaces do not have any usability issues
- Create user journeys, prototypes, and wireframes, with a keen eye for detail
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, and apps
- Work within brand guidelines to improve and update components and contribute to the whole restructuration of their libraries.
- Prepare proper asset handoff to eliminate back and forth work with the developers
- Help our teams deliver full documentation, which translates into smooth development
- 4+ years of experience in Product Design with a thorough understanding of the interaction and visual design fundamentals
- Proven track record of working with successful mobile apps
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- A portfolio showing your high-quality and detailed case studies of your past projects
- Perfect attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and evolve product pattern library, with all required specs and metrics
- Ability to understand the problem, user pain points, and user needs
- Ability to think that experience is not only a sequence of screens or one flow but coherent human experience as a whole
- High-level understanding and use of typography, iconography, grid, and color systems to layout pages
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the design cycle
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design, and dynamic interaction
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with products that focus on making self-care a way of life
- And much more!
You will be joining a strong team of >100 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
We are a remote-first company, and our team is distributed across the UK and Europe. This was a deliberate choice to prioritize work-life balance and ensure we can accommodate the best people whilst fostering diversity.
Ruby Labs is founded on values we all share and are ready to stand for. They bring us together well beyond our current products and technologies.
Driven by data
We believe in knowledge and continuously champion learning and experimentation. As we are relentlessly driven by data, we place value on rationality and real insights, not unproven beliefs.
We praise smart innovation. We’re inquisitive, exact, and always challenge our beliefs. Like a researcher, we take established knowledge and add something new. We create something better than the original, not just different.
In an industry where only the best products succeed, prioritizing our work is a must. We don’t waste time on low-key projects. We only go after the most disruptive, effective, and exceptional ideas.
To get the best results, you need to see the full picture. That’s why our team has access to all information and is involved in key decisions. We also give each other honest feedback, so we can learn and improve.
Self-help & wellness is a competitive industry with demanding users. Excellence is a necessity. At Ruby Labs, this means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning quickly, and delivering superior execution.
We’re open to experiments and ready to take measured risks to get great results. We also value diversity and know the power of collective intelligence. If you have a better solution, we want to hear it.
Regular employment in the UK, US, or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).