Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
As a Senior Product Designer - Design Systems at Chainlink Labs, you would be responsible for leading the vision, roadmap, and strategy of the Chainlink Design System. You will work closely with other product designers, product managers, and engineers to establish a robust system that allows team members to design and build Chainlink products with ease. You will play a crucial role in helping bridge the gap between design and engineering and ensure that the system supports both teams.
- Leading the vision, roadmap, and strategy of the Design System
- Be actively involved in discussions with product designers and engineers to ensure components are easy to use and implement
- Hosts recurring meetings to highlight important changes
- Mentoring team members on design system best practices, contributing, and governance.
- The creation and maintenance of highly polished components that work as expected for teams using them.
- Documenting the design system thoroughly, explaining how and why components should be used from a designer and developer perspective.
- Participating in design reviews, helping provide feedback to designers with the design system in mind.
- Actively collaborates with the brand team to establish consistency across product and marketing efforts.
- 7+ years of experience working as a product designer or similar role
- Experience building design systems in previous roles, with the ability to demonstrate your contributions, ideally have been part of a design system team for several years.
- Strong understanding of Figma
- A pixel-perfect mindset with strong attention to detail to spot small inconsistencies
- Identifies the importance in building accessible experiences and actively works to apply WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines.
- Uses research and evidence to improve and evaluate solutions for customers, engineers, and designers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with front-end development best practices, how to build an effective design system
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.