Senior Product Designer
- Canada Only
Who We Are
At Social Nature, we believe change starts in the shopping basket. Changing consumer behavior is hard, but we know that trial is the #1 path to purchase. And so we’ve built a best-in-class product sampling platform that helps people try something that’s better for them and the planet - on their next shopping trip.
Over the last 6 years, we’ve organically grown our community to over 750,000 members and have worked with over 500 natural food and health brands across North America largely through client referrals and industry partnerships. You can learn more about our product sampling solution and client success stories here.
We recently raised a round of growth financing from mission-aligned investors including Active Impact Investments (climate change VC), the co-founder of VEGA (#1 plant-based protein brand), and the co-founder of Shopify (#1 e-commerce platform for emerging brands) so that we can accelerate our impact.
We’re not stopping until every CPG brand in the world is launching their healthy and sustainable products on Social Nature so that more people can #trynatural.
The Purpose of the Role
Your design is going to inspire behaviour change and help millions of people make healthier and more sustainable choices on their next shopping trip.
At Social Nature, you will have the opportunity to have a big impact. Our product designers work across every stage of product development, from identifying user problems and coming up with creative solutions, to sketching user experiences and building prototypes, to designing new features and enhancements for our platform.
This role reports to the Director of Product Management and you’ll work closely on a small team with another product designer, product manager, and data analyst as well as our software engineers to launch features that help our community members #maketheswitch.
You’ll have the option to work from our beautiful headquarters in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada or remotely from your home office or a hybrid of the two - we’re flexible!
What you will be doing:
- Define user journeys, interactions, and visual design that increase user conversions and generate product stickiness.
- Design prototypes, launch quick user surveys, and conduct user interviews to capture data and validate product ideas.
- Turn validated product ideas into intuitive user experiences for our community of almost one million community members!
- Work closely with product managers and data analysts to identify opportunities for platform improvements.
- Leverage both quantitative and qualitative research findings to inform your work, using analytics and data to make decisions.
- Support software engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation for the features and enhancements you’ve designed.
- Improve your team’s work by participating in design reviews.
- You’ll be championing the user's needs in the product development process.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- 4+ years of experience solving complex user experience problems with elegant shipped products.
- Previous experience working on high traffic consumer-facing digital products.
- A strong track record of optimizing B2C conversion, ideally in the e-commerce space.
- Competence in both visual and interaction design (we’d love to see your portfolio of work!).
- A firm understanding of best practices for responsive web design.
- Experience with prototyping and conducting user research.
- Deep experience with A/B testing suites and methodologies.
- Fluency in Figma.
- The ability to articulate design decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a willingness and drive to continuously learn and grow.
- You’ve worked in high-growth environments before and have a startup mentality.
- Empathy for our users - people trying to make the switch to healthier and natural products.
One of North America’s Great Places to Work® - it’s official!
- Comprehensive extended benefits package — From day one, you’ll get health, dental, and vision benefits, a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an annual $1,200 wellness spending account (gym pass, running shoes, bike, etc.), and a $500 home office improvement stipend (standing desk, ergonomic chair etc).
- Time to take care of yourself — You'll start with 15 days annual vacation, 3 annual personal days for when life happens (mental health day, moving, sick kid), plus a flex week to re-charge between Dec 24 - Jan 1 where the focus is 80% on R&R. And when you've been with the company for two years, you'll get an additional week off.
- Stock Option Benefit — The opportunity to become part-owners of our early-stage company and benefit from our hyper-growth. Let’s build a great company together!
- Management that invests in you, your development, and career growth — We invest in developing your leadership capabilities from day 1 by making 5% of your job dedicated to your personal and professional development. As a high-performance start-up team, your opinions count, your ideas can be actioned quickly, and you’re a key player in our success.
- Team events — Whether you’re working remotely or in our Vancouver head office we believe that a team that takes time to play together stays together. Every year we bring the entire team together for a retreat and we regularly host virtual and in-person team events throughout the year for connection and collaboration.
- Make a difference with your work — align your work with your values and contribute to building a more sustainable future! Join us in our mission to help more people make the switch to healthy and sustainable products. In 2021 Social Nature was recognized as one of the Top 100 Great Places to Work and was recognized as one of the top 6 high-performance cultures by SupportingLines.
We are guided by our leadership principles of Making it Happen, Focusing on Impact, Championing the Customer, Winning Together, Keeping it Real, and Owning Your Craft.
Social Nature is an equal opportunity employer and stands for fair representation - we believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, indigenous people, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage the inclusion of people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less.