Senior Product Designer
Valora is building a decentralized Venmo-like mobile crypto wallet on top of the Celo blockchain, a mobile-first decentralized platform focused on mobile payments. Our mission is to democratize access to wealth for people all around the world. We believe every person should have access to the information, education, and tools needed to build wealth. When everyone has the potential to prosper, our world will be a more supportive and interconnected place.
As part of the Design team, you’ll design experiences that bring heady technology down to earth for users. With empathy and humility, you'll distill complex concepts into experiences that feel familiar to a global and diverse audience.
- Breathe life into Valora, designing for mobile and web experiences
- Own projects from ideation to production, including new features and design system improvements
- Design for still emerging technologies whose paradigms have yet to be set
- Work closely with engineering and product in an exciting landscape where cryptocurrencies meet mobile applications
- Be a part of a small design team, influencing the practice as it grows and evolves
- Help develop and refine Valora’s visual language
- Participate in and/or lead user research projects
- Create unified stories through collaboration with brand and content strategy
- 4+ years of product design experience on mobile and web
- Open-minded, but opinionated about current design trends
- You create beautifully polished design work, you obsess over details and are excited to iterate until your work is pixel-perfect
- You can think in terms of design systems with an understanding of how work in one area plays out across the larger experience
- A passion for user research
- Prior experience with banking, cryptocurrency, or fintech is a plus
- Visual design fluency—studious about hierarchy, consistent layouts, grids, and rhythm
- Portfolio mandatory
Open to Full-time, Contract or Freelance working relationships.