Senior Product Designer
🌱 About us
At Vaayu, we are on a mission to reverse climate change. We know e-commerce has a big climate impact so we are focusing our efforts on helping retailers measure and reduce their carbon emissions. Calculating carbon manually can take months and is very expensive. Our goal is to democratize carbon mapping by making analytics easily accessible to every online retailer.
Our automated software is already serving sustainability leaders like Armed Angels and Organic Basics, linking up with shop platforms to deliver the tools necessary for retailers to take charge of their environmental footprint.
We are a remote first company based in Berlin, with an international and diverse team throughout Europe. We truly believe in a sustainable future for retail, and are looking for likeminded individuals to join us from across Europe or equivalent time zones.
If you are an innovator, want to work at a purpose-driven startup, and would like to collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team on a mission to make a positive impact on our planet, we’d love to hear from you.
✨ About the role
We are looking for a motivated and driven Senior Product Designer who will shape our product and join our journey solving problems no one has solved (yet!) to fight climate change.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Building new and engaging solutions that help brands understand and reduce their carbon footprint
- Working closely with our product managers to drive our product development from discovery to delivery, from high-level strategic challenges to the most detailed interaction
- Tackling the challenge of making the visualization of carbon data in an intelligible and enticing way
- Driving user research and conduct user tests to ensure we are delivering value in the most efficient way with the right features solving the right problems
- Translating the users insights into multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
- Creating simple, elegant solutions to complex interaction problems with high attention to details and aesthetics
- Building and maintaining a scalable and progressive design system to ensure solid basis to all future design work
- Closely collaborating with other stakeholders like engineers, data scientists, LCA researchers and customers to create solutions that solve the right problems for our users
🤩 A bout you
- At least 3-5 years of experience in digital product design ideally in B2B SaaS companies
- A human-centered design mentality and will to design and build products and features that truly have meaningful impact
- Experience in visualisation of complex data is a big plus
- Ability to explore, conceptualize and test compelling user experiences that maximise user engagement and impact
- Passion for great designs, empathy for customer needs and desire to make complex things simple
- Proven experience in user testing, user research and working in agile / scrum teams
- Solid know-how with state of the art visual design, prototyping, vector and testing tools (ideally mastering Figma)
- Excellent communication & empathy skills - you'll be sitting at the center of a remote and diverse team across sustainability & LCA experts, engineers and different customers
- Works collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously
- Proactive mindset and flexibility in operating in fast-paced environments with evolving priorities
- A passion for solving climate change
- Fluent in English
🎁 What we offer
- Excellent stock option grant
- Working at a mission driven start-up with sustainability experts
- A diverse, open minded, and international team where all are welcome
- Flexibility when and where to work - we trust you to spend your time wisely.
This role is also open to freelancers.
If you're interested in being part of our team, contact email@example.com with a short paragraph about yourself along with your CV and portfolio.
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience.