Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Blockchain Gaming Startup | Remote | Competitive salary + tokens
The mobile gaming industry has long been dominated by centralized tech intermediaries who suck every penny out of game developers and players. We are building a community owned, decentralized blockchain platform for mobile games that will become the web3 App Store.
Blockchain gaming is a fast growing industry and the leading blockchain game Axie Infinity is currently valued at $35bn with only 2m users. There are 3bn mobile gamers alone and we believe we can onboard the next billion into crypto through our platform. Our team has previously built a blockchain game and wrote articles about play-to-earn. We’re a team of 4 developers, 5 community managers and a CEO.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer that is obsessed with crafting world-class user facing applications. Someone who is not only excellent at UX, but also deeply understands our mission and the motivations of our users. Since we're a small team, you'll wear many hats. You'll work directly with the CEO and the developers. We’re less interested in the length of your resume than your passion and willingness to learn and deliver the best possible product.
- Deeply analyse customers and business problems to identify the pain points
- Strategically think of the product from high level to connect the missing dots
- Take full cycle ownership of your work from ideation, design, review and feedback in the final test build and after release
- Be comfortable with being involved with the end to end development process with light touch from the product manager / CEO. We believe that the work comes from everyone, not just top down
- Understand user psychology and design & plan optimal user journeys
- Create overall concepts for the user experience ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers to use
- Lead user research with our internal and external stakeholders, analyse results, and play back to the wider team using a variety of techniques at your disposal
- Develop our design processes and best practice and champion them within the team and the wider organisation
- Design and produce high and low fidelity flows and wireframes, develop prototypes that allow the team to explore ideas and show the intention behind the design concept to users before investing time and money into substantial development
- Run user testing with clients and analyse results, using a variety of techniques such as user observation, surveys, user interviews, card sorting, usability tests, and other similar methodology. Own implementation and champion these methods throughout the design process
- Create a design brief and work collaboratively with the development team, product management and stakeholders ensuring that the teams deliver the validated user designs to the standard specified by design
- Ensure that all design collateral is documented and that deliverables are managed to become the basis of our product documentation. Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Be the Product Design Champion! Instil, lead, promote, coach, and be a champion in the organisation for UX, design principles, practices, and artefacts
- Support product management on competitor analysis
- Metrics and measurements for products/organisation adoption of our products to evaluate their impact, supporting them to use this data to iterate what they deliver
- 5+ year experience in end to end product design for web and app
- Experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma, and Zeplin, After Effects
- A portfolio that shows a clear understanding of good UX principles and a strong sense of visual design
- An understanding of brand identity principles and how to apply and maintain consistency across a variety of platforms and products
- You’ve worked with engineers to build and launch actual products
- Experience working in fast paced environment
- Familiarity with the Agile framework and Design Thinking Methodologies
- (Optional) Graphic design, branding, illustration, and/or animation skills
- Experience of building UX and design teams within an organisation
- Experience with design sprints or managing design workshops
To apply, please send your portfolio & CV firstname.lastname@example.org @DeFiVader at Telegram.