Senior Product Designer
At Supermove, our mission is to make moving faster, cheaper, and delightful for everyone.
Supermove gives movers and their customers easy, digital tools to manage their moves. We built our products through conversations with and feedback from movers who were frustrated with inefficient pen and paper systems. Now, we offer a software platform designed make everything from lead capture to reporting simple, streamlined, and fully digital.
Hundreds of business owners trust Supermove to digitize their moving business, and help them save time, money, and scale their business.
Working with Supermove
We are a customer-driven team that tackles problems with empathy and logical reasoning. We aim to truly solve problems for our customers and accomplish this through a thorough process of problem discovery, user research, user testing, and iteration.
Your Role & Mission
As a Senior Product Designer, you will build intuitive, scalable software designs that help moving companies save time and earn more revenue via a delightful experience.
- We have closed our series A round raising $18M led by a16z - read more about it here.
- We have doubled our team size from 20+ to 40+ in a quarter comprising of Pinterest, Asana, Facebook, and Uber alums.
- We handle millions of dollars of moves each month and we're on track to 10x in a single year.
- We have several customers paying us more than $x00k ARR.
Role & Responsibility
- Help develop product design systems from scratch.
- Convert loosely defined user stories into narrowly defined, tactical solutions.
- Contribute to defining both the short-term and long-term strategies for our products.
- Participate in and lead design reviews and share your work regularly with company leadership.
- Deliver assets and specs of a range of fidelities. Whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or designs ready for the engineering team.
- Design and implement new user research projects. Extract insights from existing and new data to make data-driven design decisions.
- Understand at a high-level how much engineering effort is involved with new designs and segment new designs into stages to speed up implementation.
- Creating hi-fidelity mocks in Figma
- Creating prototypes
- Outlining user flows/user journeys
- Critique other designs
- Hand-offs to engineering
- Reviewing PRDs (product requirements documents)
- Product brainstorm / scoping (if desired)
Skills & Experience
- You have relevant design experience. You have 4-6 years of experience at a relevant tech, product-driven company. Ideally with 1-2 years of experience in an early-stage startup (Seed - Series A + startup).
- You have a deep interest in building simple, delightful UX. Many of our customers are new to technology, yet still hope to gain a ton of value from it - less is often more.
- You truly believe in our mission. You believe moving is a significant moment in a person's life and believe we can make the moving experience great.
- You are curious and empathetic. You always aim to understand the full picture from the customer's point of view. You're willing to challenge your understanding of this every day to improve it.
- You embrace change. You understand that change is the only constant in a startup. You are excited to propose and lead change when you have a better way.
- Within the first 30 Days:
- Understand how a moving company works, starting with our current customers
- Understand the design team's role in overall Supermove business strategy
- Understand and use our "product process" by working with product, design, and engineering to build your first large project
- Understand where some of our customers are at from a product perspective and be able to:
- Read and understand all customer requests attached to the projects you are working on
- Understand which customers are related to this project and the associated ARR. You can find all of this info on the customer card attached to each customer request
- Understand the value of the projects you are working on for the customer. Answer the question: What happens if this problem is not solved for the customer?
Complete a small project of creating Figma mocks for part of the product not in Figma by the end of your first week
Within the first 90 Days:
- Ship 4+ large projects by the end of your first 90 days. For each project:
- Create user flows for each project to communicate with product and engineer
- Create hi-fi mocks
- Hand off each project to the engineering team
- Lead solutions research on 2+ large projects that you complete in 90 days
- Contribute 2+ new components to the design system
- Demo your large projects to the entire team during our Product Launches bi-weekly meeting
Why this role
- Large amount of ownership within the first 3 months of joining. You’ll be able to jump into projects within your first 30 days, and own several features by the end of your 90 days.
- Modern design stack: Figma, design system built using Figma components
- Fast iteration cycles. We are constantly putting ideas into Figma and validating / testing with customers. This enables us to build and iterate quickly.
- Many problems to solve. Our customers daily operations include hundreds of problems that we could solve to improve their workflows, efficiency, and helping them have a lighter day tomorrow.
We create an organizational culture where we are transparent, people feel comfortable being themselves, ensuring everyone is heard and listened to. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we mitigate bias across our hiring process: consistent hiring practices and working towards fair treatment, access, and opportunities for all individuals. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
You will rewrite an entire industry.
You will introduce innovative technology to redesign the moving industry's daily workflows from the ground up. By coming up with new strategies to grow our customer base, you will provide these businesses time, revenue, and speed – radically uplifting the entire moving experience.
You will likely determine the fate of our company
As one of Supermove's first members of the sales team, you will scale our product to thousands of companies. You have a big upside if we execute well, and we can't do this without you.
You will work with a smart and action-oriented team
At Supermove, we are trying to do what's nearly impossible – to create an enduring and iconic company. We are relentless and ambitious with all of our goals. We move extremely quickly and prefer to iterate rather than deliberate. We always operate with full trust and transparency, knowing that our top priority is to achieve our vision to the best of our ability.
Additional Perks & Benefits:
Market comp, medical, vision, dental.
Monthly wellness stipend.
Remote first with shared offices in select cities.
Provide direct input to overall company strategy.
We move at super speed with a simple three step process.
Phone screen, portfolio review, and then a three hour remote final stage interview with the founders and future team members.