Senior Product Designer
Here at Secure Code Warrior (SCW), we’re focused on transforming security and compliance from a check-box on the roadmap to an always-on mindset across the DevOps cycle. Our approach focuses on upskilling developers through gamification of learning and integrating with their preferred tool sets, such as GitHub and Jira. With SCW, companies are able to differentiate from their competition, and ship code faster and more securely than ever.
Founded in 2015 out of Australia, we are a truly global remote-first company with employees all across the globe including Australia, America, Belgium, England, Iceland and more. Plus, an exciting list of global brands that we’re proud to include as our customers, such as JP Morgan Chase & Co, Zoom, and Atlassian.
Come design your future at Secure Code Warrior! You will be key in establishing the design culture and creating delightful customer experiences in a growing organization moving quickly from a startup into a scaleup.
We are building a high quality, high performing global design team and are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to attach to our London, Bruges or Reykjavík offices. While this position could also be conducted remotely within the UK, Belgium or Iceland - it will support global, cross-functional teams in APAC, across the United States and EMEA.
The successful candidate for this position will be looking to gain experience and develop their craft through designing delightful customer experiences for our products and related teams. You should be comfortable and open to receiving feedback, as this is key in your growth as a Senior Product Designer.
In this role you will have hands-on involvement in all aspects of design including research, strategy, and coordinating with other members of the design team. Your work will touch on visual design, interaction design, and work with a dynamic team of product managers and developers. We’re looking for a designer with a willingness to learn, and who is eager to collaborate.
This position can be performed remotely within the United Kingdom, Belgium and Iceland however some travel will be required
What will you be doing?
- Developing your craft in all aspects of the product design process, including research, workshopping, iteration, and creating appealing visual design experiences.
- Working closely with other Product Designers to contribute to the vision, strategy and research efforts for your strategic domain.
- Bringing your unique ideas to the table.
- Creating research plans, interviewing customers, prospects and meeting internal stakeholders to drive innovation.
- Championing design in terms of planning, process and integration.
- Contributing to the creation and optimization of a sustainable experience that leads to long-term, engaged users.
- Working collaboratively with designers, engineering, product, product marketing and other functions.
- Measuring KPIs and ensuring product alignment across the organization.
- Developing thoughtful, impactful solutions to solve complex design problems.
- Balancing trade offs of time spent innovating with the ability to ship efficiently and successfully and manage design’s roadmap accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with your Product and Engineering partners to identify and solve customer, product and business problems.
- Evangelizing design across the organization through process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes.
We’d be delighted to hire someone who has:
- Graphic design experience, ux design experience, or a recent graduate in design with transferrable skills.
- An understanding of web and mobile technologies- some coding experience a plus!
- Color and typography skills, interaction and visual design experience a plus
- An understanding of research methodologies, including interviews, surveys and workshops.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin and other industry standard design tools.
- A portfolio of product design work that showcases your ability to think and articulate solving user problems.
- An interest in launching new products and features.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- A growth mindset and openness to new ideas with an interest in providing and receiving feedback.
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail and technical intuition.
- An interest in working with teams and individuals based in offices in the United States and Australia, as well as other remote locations, and an ability and interest to collaborate with those in other time zones.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard- and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!