Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
Senior Product Designer
Section4 is on a mission to deliver elite business education for all. Since early 2020, the best minds in business have taught over 10,000 students strategic frameworks that have upleveled their thinking and accelerated their career – all this without the friction of business school applications and at a fraction of the cost. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced education startup making a meaningful impact in the world, join us at Section4.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll work closely with the product leadership team in the entire product development process – from early research and visioning to launching, analyzing, and iterating further. As we reinvent online education and create world-class business and strategy educational content, we’re looking for someone who can hone in on the things that really matter to our users, and design wonderful digital experiences to match.
We are redesigning a new platform from the ground up, but not from a standing start. We have gleaned years of knowledge from our current product and are ready to put that to use in our next version. We know we will be building a unified cohort-based learning experience for our students that encompasses synchronous & asynchronous content, networking, collaboration, live events, etc. But there are still many unanswered questions. This will be a multiyear endeavor where you will be leading the product design effort. As such you should be prepared to establish and codify design systems and standards.
This is a remote role based in the US.
What you’ll do
- A mix of UI, UX, and visual design – using Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Conducting research to understand our customer’s needs and inform design solutions
- Designing easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to push the quality bar
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and educators to create, launch, and improve user experiences across the product
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
Who you are
- Strong UI, UX, and visual design skills, with a passion for designExperience designing for responsive web and mobile
- Optimistic maker attitude, with a desire to solve problems through design and iteration
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where priorities can quickly change
- Good storytelling and communication skills, mixed with an enthusiasm for collaboration
- You know how to communicate the interplay of great design and great experience
- Industry experience with the whole design and development process, from brainstorming to post-launch research
- Experience conducting generative and evaluative user research and making design decisions based on your findings.
- Strong design craft and the ability to mentor other designers, elevating design at Section4
- Personal alignment with Section4’s mission, dedication to our students, and excitement about the impact we can engender
Who we are:
At Section4, we believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.