Senior Product Designer
- 9 applicants (28%)
Prefect is the new standard in dataflow automation. Our remote-first company is singularly focused on this vision, and every team member directly contributes to its advancement. Every role solves a problem, and everyone can see exactly how their work helps achieve our mission.
To that end, we've carefully created a positive, high-performance culture - the operating system of our company - that empowers our team to do the best work of their careers and achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
We are looking for folks who want to join a remote-first team to build an equally amazing company and product. In deciding whether to apply for a role at Prefect, consider whether your values align with our values and standards and check out our top-of-the-line benefits and perks.
At Prefect, a rapidly growing startup, the boundaries between design disciplines are not static or exact. Our design team not only owns the UX and visual design of our responsive web applications, but also informs our brand design. Prefect is looking for a visual designer with deep expertise in product design, demonstrated through a portfolio, and an eagerness to shape and harmonize brand identity. This Designer will work collaboratively with many stakeholders, especially engineers, to bring ideas to life.
Expectations (you will) :
- Design interfaces that visualize and synthesize large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for Prefect
- Create design systems that communicate the value and function of Prefect to users and stakeholders
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners and iterate accordingly
- Work cross-functionally to define, design, and deliver templates and collateral for our marketing, sales, and support teams
- Build consensus among internal stakeholders by regularly seeking feedback and documenting trade-offs and decisions
Qualifications (you have):
- An available online portfolio
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a Product Designer, ideally 5 or more years
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Expertise in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion, but also skilled in multiple disciplines across design
- A knack for reducing complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- The ability to solve problems with very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of usability and design for data-rich applications
- An understanding of typography, color, and information hierarchy
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts
Sarah is areallive person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.
Prefect is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity/expression), national origin, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.