Senior Product Designer
About Neural DSP
Neural DSP is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of experts solely focused on advancing state of the art in software and hardware development for music production solutions. We are working relentlessly at advancing and incorporating the latest developments in electronics engineering, digital signal processing, UI/UX design, embedded systems, and machine learning into the music industry. Our mission is to design the next generation of both audio software and hardware products in order to empower musicians’ creativity to expand alongside technology.
About the Role:
Currently, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us build the user interfaces for Quad Cortex and its applications (web, mobile, and desktop) and ultimately improve consistency and elevate quality in our products.
Neural DSP has a range of upcoming projects across multiple platforms as well as an ongoing cycle of developing our user experience throughout our proprietary hardware, web, and mobile. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences. We’re looking for you to join a rock and roll company.
- Become familiar with the product and how we think about design.
- Work closely with the engineering, product, and marketing teams to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges.
- Define and design example interaction patterns through documentation and prototypes.
- Produce polished interfaces and meaningful interactions.
- Create a range of deliverables, from high-fidelity UI and icons to written process and documentation
- Collaborate with project leaders to identify and resolve problems.
- Assist with collecting and categorizing interface patterns.
- Contribute new ideas to help evolve the capabilities of the products.
- Design mockups, user-flows, and high-fidelity solutions
- Ability to effectively document and hand-off design files to engineers
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a track record of shipping phenomenal designs
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Neural DSP style.
- You’re a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Neural DSP experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments and trends.
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- The ability to play the guitar or bass is a plus 🎸🎸🎸
☝️ Note that a compelling design portfolio will be our first introduction to your craft and the quality of your work. Please ensure you include a link to your portfolio in your application. Resumes are helpful to understand your experience but we would like to see work samples as well.