Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
- 10 applicants (83%)
Why work at WebXT
If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
The Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a creative community of designers and researchers on a mission to create and deliver holistic customer experiences while imagining the future of web3. Between Edge, Bing, and apps, we’re creating end to end web experiences from shopping, to search, to ads, news, sports, and gaming. Our diverse team works collaboratively to create products and ideas that empower us to move fast to build seamless and delightful experiences for billions of customers worldwide. Join us!
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer with an interest in helping us envision new ways to connect businesses with customers as they interact with the Edge browser, Microsoft Start, Microsoft Bing and other surfaces. You have strong visual and interaction design skills, are comfortable with ambiguity, and find joy inventing and building net-new experiences. You ideate expansively and rapidly prototype these ideas so that you may get direct customer feedback. You will provide leadership to a team of fellow designers as you work together to create experiences that are engaging, relevant, harmonious, and brand-worthy.
- Utilize your strong interaction and visual design skills to create amazing products and elevate the design work of your colleagues.
- Propose creative solutions to complex problems.
- Identify new opportunities to delight our customers.
- Conduct or participate in research to uncover the behaviors, motivations, and needs of our customers.
- Plan and implement strategies that ensures our design work drives customer value and helps us meet our business goals.
- Lead cross-team product design with researchers, program managers, product planners, and developers.
- Find areas where we can improve our processes, products, or culture, and lead or influence the changes necessary to do that.
Our team is open to non-traditional backgrounds and experiences equivalent to the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Interaction Design, Graphic/Communications Design, Industrial or Product Design, Human-Computer Interactions, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience designing digital experiences, whether as a professional or as a volunteer, hobbyist, or freelancer.
- Experience with modern design tools like Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or Sketch (this role will require fluency in Figma on the job).
- Demonstrated sense of interaction design attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility and inclusive design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to energize teams and advocate for your ideas.
- Knowledge of UX research methodologies and the analysis of research data.
Resume must include a link to a design portfolio.
Preferred: Experience designing for online search.
Preferred: Experience with digital marketing and advertising.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Design# #wxc# #WebXT# #nextplay //designjobs
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away