Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Looking for an opportunity to grow and challenge your creativity at a fun and positive company? Imgur is looking for a [remote] Senior Product Designer with 3+ years of experience to help drive product, interaction and visual design.
Let us introduce ourselves we are Imgur, the place where memes are born and selfies get down voted into oblivion. We have a community of 200+ million monthly users that visit us every day and leave with smiles on their faces. Come help us lift the world’s spirit!
About This Role
As a Senior Product Designer at Imgur you will collaborate closely with the product, engineering, community, and data teams to transform the Imgur native apps and desktop website. You will touch every part of the design process from wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. You are an effective storyteller, presenter, and empathic negotiator. You have a refined sense of UI, a passion for user-centered design and a folder on your phone full of memes. If you’re eager to take on an array of responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, you just might be the perfect fit.
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch, involving engineers, product managers, community managers, and data analysts.
- Translate ideas into pixel-perfect mockups, animated prototypes, and design specs.
- Use data analytics, usability testing, and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement.
You are a Product Designer with:
- 3+ years of experience in product design, UX design, prototyping, or related fields
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology across various platforms, including responsive web and native mobile apps
- Solid experience applying and driving user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with stakeholders, such as engineering, product management, and data teams.
- Successful track record of partnering with Product Managers to strategize and communicate the rationale for new product features
- Strong online portfolio featuring your experience as a product designer, with a focus on Product Design, User Experience Design, UI and Interaction design.
- Proficiency with Figma (our primary tool). Adobe CC and other prototyping programs are a bonus.
- Degree, bootcamp training, or real-world experience in Graphic Design, Digital Product Design, Multimedia, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant fields.
- Experience with user research is a plus.
- Experience with front-end coding is nice to have.