Senior Product Designer
- Europe Only
- 3 applicants
The short version is we're a team (of 90 odd across the globe) on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We've developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and detail oriented Product Designer who will work on the UX/UI on the collaboration experiences of Gravity Sketch across virtual reality and web. The role will focus on working very closely with our engineers and UX researchers to ensure the user’s journey through our product ecosystem is a great experience. At the core, the role will involve proactively identifying and addressing problems to be solved, championing the needs of the users in context of Gravity Sketch’s design philosophy, and creating exceptional user-centric experiences.
It’s an exciting time to join the company: following our Series A round we are in growth mode, and are seeing rapid expansion of use cases, industries, and personas that we are solving for. You’d be joining a currently small but nimble team of designers, and therefore the ability to work autonomously and take ownership is critical - but this also means there is space to help lay down the foundations and define the design culture at Gravity Sketch.
- Leading and driving the user-centered product design process
- Utilizing user research findings in the design process
- Collaborating closely with our engineers throughout the product development process
- Advocating for our users and ensure that we provide the delightful user experience
- Effectively communicating ideas at all stages with documents, mockups, or visualizations
- Having a strong portfolio showcasing user-centered designs for web, desktop, and mobile
- Considerable experience working as a UX/UI or Product Designer, covering the end-to-end product design process for software/web applications such as communication and collaboration-focused tools, dashboards, and file managers.
- Experience within a SaaS company is preferred.
- Able to work autonomously within cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers
- Comfortable generating wireframes and prototypes through design tools such as Figma and the Adobe suite
- Strong communication skills for working with a remote/hybrid team
- Passion for technology, design and web-based applications
- Nice to have 3D or spatial design working experience
Please note we will need a portfolio submitted in order to review your application.
This role can be fully remote (within +/- 5hrs of UK timezone), and we also have our office in Brixton, London, which you are welcome to use as much or little as suits you best.
- Uncapped holidays: Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: w e appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development. You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays: out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: w e are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality.