Senior Product Designer
- 1 applicant (7%)
Senior Product Designer
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We’ve raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up – Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper Attention is all you need, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Please Note : We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Take ownership of designing an intuitive and uncharted user experience in language AI. You’ll own strategic design decisions to achieve user and business outcomes by pioneering everything from features to entire platforms.
- Be a strong advocate for our users not just through your visual deliverables but also through the processes in which you make product decisions in cross-functional team collaborations.
- Produce high-quality work and prototypes using Figma and other tools such as Adobe and C4D.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, GTM, and Modelling to implement new features for both B2C and B2B customers.
- Contribute to design leadership decisions such as roadmaps and the future direction of Cohere’s offerings on a regular cadence.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have at least 5+ years of product design experience, and a track record of shipping products from zero to one. Bonus: you’ve worked on technical, creative, or enterprise tools.
- You’re a strategist equipped with a versatile design process to get you from any problem to high-fidelity designs (rapid prototyping, stakeholder interviews, a metrics divewhatever will get you there!)
- You’ve taken full ownership of a suite of features or a full product, leading its scope, research, and designs.
- You’re committed to building and facilitating relationships with non-designers to execute your vision of the best user experience.
- You possess a breadth of design skills which makes you proficient in doing both product and visual work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You have a great instinct for visual design and therefore sweat the small details: from typography, colour, and layout, to animation.
- You’re a clear communicator and are not afraid to take sides or challenge the ideas of your teammates (and vice versa).
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
An open and inclusive culture and work environment
Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
Free daily lunch
Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
6 weeks of vacation
Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.