Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
At Burb, our mission is to build transformational community-first businesses. We're building the Community Lifecycle Management tool that's going to sit at the heart of those businesses, and which we hope will be the engine for community-powered growth. Our initial users are Course Creators, individuals with expertise that they share through courses and membership communities. As we prove out our mission, we'll be expanding to to the whole spectrum of Internet Creators and Community Managers.
We are seeking our first Product Designer to set the initial tone and direction for all future design at Burb. This role is pivotal as we move from “things that don’t scale” to a self-service launch product.
What You’ll Do:
- Revise and establish our foundational design system.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Modify and simplify existing designs to meet customer understanding.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Able to take complex concepts and make them accessible to users of any technical sophistication
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
Our core values: We’re dedicated to being good neighbors deeply focused on outcomes for our whole community. That means we work with care, take ownership, and make sure our work serves our goals, and the goals of every user.
Burb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We especially value and welcome applications from those traditionally underrepresented in Silicon Valley.