Senior Product Designer
Bound’s mission is to make it effortless for businesses to deal with currency risk. Currency risk is when a business earns revenue in one currency and has costs in another. When a business has currency risk, it can lose money when exchange rates move around. Millions of businesses globally face currency risk every day.
Large companies almost always manage currency risk. However, hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses in the UK and Europe do nothing to manage that risk when they transact with foreign customers and suppliers. This may be because these smaller businesses don't have the skills and expertise to identify and manage their risk, don't have access to the necessary tools and information, or simply don't have the time.
We're building tools that abstract complex financial work into simple workflows and integrations. Our goal is a future where businesses never have to think about foreign currencies at all, even when they trade internationally.
About the role
Bound is looking to hire its first Product Designer. As the first Product Designer at Bound, you’ll have a huge impact on the product, our design culture and the entire company as we grow! We’re looking for someone who can be a champion for better user experience within the company. You’ll help build design culture at Bound from the ground up.
What you’ll do
- Help design our product to create a seamless experience for our users
- Partner closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for product development
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- As the team’s UI/UX expert, you’ll enjoy a lot of design autonomy. You’ll get a lot of space, but you’ll be responsible for designing a product and experience that customers love.
The ideal candidate
- You’ve led the design of world-class product launches in a fast-growing company before
- Can make complex ideas and concepts easy and simple to understand
- You’re able to simplify customer journeys and cut to the heart of what is important to customers
- You love to experiment and verify good design with customer usages statistics
- Are an expert in UI, UX and visual design
- Can prototype experiences
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- You’re a confident writer. You believe writing and copy is an extremely important part of the design process
Why you should join Bound
🔥 RIPE FOR DISRUPTION
More than 90% of Fortune 1000 companies have hedging programs in place while less than 5% of SMEs do. This is because hedging is complicated and nuanced. Bound wants to make it super simple.
🌍 GLOBALIZATION ON THE RISE
Global trade is expected to increase by 500% over the next few decades, meaning more businesses will have foreign currency exposures.
💪 HIGH IMPACT
You’ll be a part of a small team with a lot of autonomy. You’ll have a massive impact on the company and product in a way that isn’t possible at more mature companies.
⭐ AMAZING PEOPLE
You’ll be working with people who are curious and are obsessed with learning. This is a part of the culture here at Bound.
💸 GREAT INVESTORS
We have great investors that have helped build a lot of great fintech companies in the UK and Europe. They have financed companies like Wise (formerly TransferWise), Klarna, N26, Stash, Xero and more!