Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
What is Atrius?
The Atrius suite of products and solutions control thousands of buildings, interact with millions of people, and manage billions of square feet of real estate around the world every day. Atrius is backed by Acuity Brands , a multi-billion-dollar lighting and controls hardware business.
Here are a few examples of the awesome things our team creates:
- Energy management applications used by the world's top companies and universities to improve their sustainability performance
- Indoor wayfinding applications used by millions of airport and retail customers to find what they need and get where they need to go
- Novel ML applications for understanding space utilization patterns, and controlling lighting and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning for maximizing occupant comfort
The Atrius Design Team is looking for a passionate Senior Product Designer who thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. You’ll make crucial contributions to our design systems and create powerful new applications that are used by some of the world’s leading companies and institutions.
Your role requires strong communication skills, an aptitude for elegant and persuasive design, and the ability to make tough decisions in favor of the user. The Senior Product Designer will report to the Head of User Experience & Design.
Whether you're a master of visual design, interaction design, UX, or all of the above, we want to hear from you! Multiple positions are available.
- Engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, design systems, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research
- Design, think, and communicate in terms of systems, patterns, and components
- Deconstruct and simplify complex workflows to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of the visual, interaction, and motion design
- Incorporate inclusive and accessible design practices
- Participate in ideation sessions, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing
- Work with product managers to refine requirements, not just translate them to design
- Partner with engineering to carefully translate your designs into high-quality products
- Embrace feedback loops and manage trade-offs effectively
- Evangelize the great things we do as a team
- 3 to 5 or more years of professional, hands-on experience
- Fluency in modern design and collaboration tools, including Figma
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrates your design prowess
- An eagerness to take on big design challenges and continually expand your knowledge about the industry domain
- Remote work flexibility—anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Work-from-home stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Awesome coworkers!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
- Hit 'Apply for this position' on Dribble, then 'Apply now' on our Acuity Brands careers page.
- Or, if you prefer, send your resume, with appropriate work samples or links if available, to Gavin Platt: email@example.com
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) builds intelligent technology solutions that reshape the way you operate, work in, and experience spaces. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
A remote-first organization, Acuity has team members from around the world. Acuity is headquartered in Conyers, GA, with offices in Oakland, New York City, Boston, and more.