Senior Product Designer
Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
At Assurance, we simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique to create custom-tailored plans for each customer. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, humble, collaborative, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
You have an exceptional ability to take complex, tedious processes and make them simple, easy, and intuitive. You will have the opportunity to apply and develop this skill every day at Assurance. Our mission is to create a long- lasting, beneficial relationship with the millions of customers who come to Assurance for financial solutions. We aim to build a truly best-in-class customer experience – one that recognizes where customers are in their journey, helps to answer their questions, adapts to how they prefer to communicate, accurately identifies their financial needs, and clarifies and simplifies the process of getting these needs met.
As Sr. Product Designer, you will play an integral role in building out the design system and product features for the Assurance.com website, consumer application and checkout experiences. You will be responsible for understanding the customer journey from awareness through purchase and building a seamless, intuitive experience that keeps customers coming back for all their financial services questions and needs. You will work together with our world class data science, engineering, product management and UX research teams (to name a few!) to accomplish these goals.
About the Position
This position is responsible for delivering high quality product experiences across the Assurance platform. They will own the customer journey from first contact through purchasing, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, user researchers, and engineers to deliver the best possible experience for our users.
- A demonstrated track record of designing digital products for consumers with measurable business impact
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, interaction design, and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, data analysts and more
- Structured thinking and measurable impact demonstrated in a portfolio of live projects
How We Hire
Step 1: Hiring Manager Chat
Timing: <1 week from application
- You’ll talk to a leader of our product management and design team on a 30-45 minute Zoom call. There’s nothing to prepare in advance, but we encourage you to do your own research ahead of time so you can come prepared with questions.
- First, we want to figure out if you’ve got the right experience for this position and if working at Assurance is a fit for both of us. This call will be conversational in nature and will cover professional background and future aspirations, a deep dive into the role and team structure, and a chance for you to ask questions!
Step 2: Panel Presentation
Timing: Usually within 1-2 weeks of hiring manager chat, allowing for candidate prep time
- This will be a 45-minute presentation, 30 minutes of which will be spent covering one or two examples of product design work which you have previously delivered or to which you have significantly contributed. This is an opportunity to showcase your ability to move through the design process from idea to wireframe to final product, and evaluate ways in which you would improve upon execution or impact if given the chance.
- The panel presentation will be conducted with a cross-functional group of product managers, designers, engineers, and other business stakeholders who will ask questions for the remaining 15 minutes. We'll share more details about this when we get there!
Step 3: Meet the Team/Final Interview Loop
Timing: Approximately 1 week from panel presentation
- Next, you'll talk to four of our Product & Technology team members for 45 minutes each. Here, we want to explore things like culture fit, problem solving, design aptitude and communication style. The interviewers will cover standard behavioral questions that give us greater insight into your experience and thought process.
- You’ll have time to ask any remaining questions here too!
Step 4: The Decision / Job Offer
Timing: Typically 1-3 days after final interview loop
- At this point, we’ll have reviewed feedback from your presentation and final interview loop with takeaways from each interviewer. The team will debrief and will make a final decision. If all goes well, expect a personal call with an offer to join our team!
Need to move faster or slower through the hiring process? Just let us know!