Senior Product Designer
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our product team. Product Designers are at the heart of our design process. Our Designers are strategic and empathetic thinkers who envision and craft experiences from ideation to production . Our team’s focus is to create a world-class human-centric tax experience for our customers. We pride ourselves on reimagining established paradigms and bringing innovative solutions to make taxes work for the people.
- Own a consumer financial product user experience and design end-to-end – ensure consistency with, and contribute to, our brand architecture, design system and product architecture
- Help build product design function and best practices across the organization
- Own product from a design perspective – contribute to April’s technical facing product and nail down user experience to maximize delight
- Work with other Designers, Writers, Tax Specialists, Engineers, Data Scientists, Partners and Researchers to define problems & goals, iterate our Service Blueprint, map user flows, prototype interactions (we use Figma) and launch new products and services
- Ensure flawless execution of user experience design into April applications
- Contribute to marketing efforts and help maintain consistency in April’s brand across websites and applications
- Iterative work with product customers collecting feedback and improving to maximize user delight and product excellent
- Define and measure key performance indicators to evaluate and understand product value
- Analyze competition and help position our solution in the market
- Take part in building April’s holistic product vision
- Excellent visual and interaction skills and craft
- Strong portfolio with mobile and desktop application work
- Strong storytelling, presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond pixels – experience with systems and platforms
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Experience applying mix-methods research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Previous work experience in consumer-focused tech organization (FinTech)
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to maintain flexibility in an evolving work environment
- Self-learning individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, conceptual thinking, creativity and problem-solving skills
April believes that every taxpayer should have a best-in-class tax experience, regardless of their background, income bracket, or what they can afford to pay. We build products to improve their financial wellbeing, reduce anxiety around taxes, and provide tools that put their taxes to work for them.
For financial institutions, April is a first-of-its-kind tax experience that is completely frictionless and integrated with the financial services ecosystem. Unlike other DIY tax solutions, we leverage and reinforce their relationship with their members, driving mutual value, savings and new offerings.
For developers, April provides simple and robust APIs for them to leverage every aspect of the US tax code, and perform calculations and AI-based simulations for creating new experiences within their application or platform.