Alto is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (6%)
As a Senior Product Designer, you will have significant ownership of design objectives and strategy. This role will be responsible for discovering opportunities for product excellence and differentiation on our products. Combining an understanding of business opportunities with a deep empathy for the user, you’ll work on creating experiences that help customers invest in alternatives to improve their overall wealth. You’ll collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to determine strategy, roadmaps and deliverables while also maintaining a lot of autonomy over your work.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and design for web (including mobile) and print
- Contribute at a high level for design strategy and communicate the vision, roadmap, and goals for a business
- Define short- and long-term design opportunities for the product.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering, Analytics and Business Development to define product solutions as well as business efficiencies
- Partner with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for product solutions
- Partner closely with Engineering to ensure our implementation and user experience is of high-quality
- Prioritize internal, cross-functional, and external design resource(s).
- Create and iterate on solutions that are inspired by a deep empathy for our users
- Identify key opportunities to meet and prioritize user and business needs
- Use research and data to inform and implement solutions
- Ideate new product features and improvements.
- Work collaboratively to prioritize feature ideas.
- Flesh out feature concepts.
- Develop strategic insights and strategies to guide UX development
- Create high level user flows for complex products.
- Design processes, features, and components that can be used
- Understand business and technical needs
- Works cross-functionally (in and outside of the product team) to create innovative features.
- Design processes, features, and components that can be used across products
- Create UI components for product flows.
- Contribute components to the Alto design system.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to ensure finished product meets design specifications.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to grow the team as well as to inform and improve design processes
What we'd like to see on your resume:
- 6+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer designing web-based products, with experience with UX and UI.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience leading and launching end-to-end product / product features
- Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on identifying and meaningfully solving true user problems.
- Exceptional track record executing on product design strategy, mentoring designers, and partnering with cross functional team members.
- Experience building world class product experiences, and streamlining workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
What you bring to the table:
- High proficiency in Figma
- Familiarity with other UX/UI software for creating flows, prototypes
- Ability to analyze and use data and research to inform decisions
- Utilize understanding and analysis of quantitative data, qualitative user understanding, and knowledge of business capabilities to develop features and product experiments
- Attention to detail
- Humble — Not driven by personal opinions
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Design discovery (user research, competitive research)
- Deep user empathy around complex/emotional categories
- Foundational understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Passionate about contributing and maintaining design systems
- Skills such as illustration, animation, data visualization, front-end programming, or copywriting a plus
Please mention Remote Workers when applying for this remote job at Alto. You're helping us to grow! Thank you!
Create a Resume That Gets you Hired