Senior Marketing Designer
- 1 applicant (11%)
Visible is on a mission to help startup founders succeed. We’re achieving this by building best-in-class tools for startups and the venture capital investors who back them. If you’re a creative individual, data-driven, comfortable with ambiguity, and enjoy (or want exposure to) working at a startup -- keep reading!
Visible is a profitable, established software startup made up of 13 fully remote teammates across the globe and has been set up this way since Visible was founded in 2015 (we have this whole remote work thing down).
We're looking for a talented visual designer to join our Go-to-Market team. You’ll own and develop the visual design for all of our marketing-related assets. These include, but are not limited to, our marketing site, campaigns, landing pages, sales decks, demo videos, and more.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about human-centered design, is very detailed, loves aesthetically pleasing design, and is resourceful.
If you geek out about design, love to collaborate, like iterating, make adjustments in real time, and want to create work that you’re proud of, Visible is the perfect place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Continuously design, test, and help launch new pages on our marketing site.
- Collaborate with our marketing team on new blog posts, content, and downloadable resources.
- Build a design asset library and set the tone for our brand.
- Work with our lead designer, marketing team, and sales team to concept, research, iterate, and share creative work with stakeholders and our CEO.
- Own design critiques with the marketing and design team.
- Implement feedback that pushes the work forward while also making recommendations on vital design directions and decisions.
- Understand and have a learn-it-all mentality towards conversion, accessibility, digital best practices, and emerging technologies to help streamline creative work.
- Have a chance to lean into product design and work with our engineering team on the core Visible application.
Qualifications & What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of design experience, preferably in-house, agency or startup environment.
- Background in Graphic Design and experience with digital advertising and branding.
- Someone with an online portfolio that showcases your best qualities as a designer.
- Detailed-oriented that makes sure to deliver work they’re proud of.
- Someone who thinks through their creative decisions and is happy to explain and share with their team.
- A design advocate that sets the bar high for Visible.
- Advanced understanding and comfort with common creative tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Notion, and CMS software.
- Understanding of web, email, and digital capabilities, limitations, and design best practices.
- A self-starter who can manage their time, set personal goals, and comply with deadlines.
- Able to build trust and relationships among the GTM team by educating them on the process, advantages to design recommendations, and platform or tool constraints.
- Is fluent verbally and in written communication in the English language.
- 4-hour overlap with the US Central Timezone
- Motion design and or video production experience.
Why Choose Visible:
💥Visible Impact: We’re a small yet highly efficient team. This means your work will have a direct and visible impact on the growth of our company.
💵 Ownership: Both in the work you do and equity in the company.
✈️ Flexibility: Fully remote work (able to work within at least 3 hours of US eastern time zone).
💻 Tech: We provide the tools you need to get your job done.
⚕️Benefits: 100% Health, Dental, and Vision coverage + 401(k)
🌴 Team Offsites: Two paid team offsites per year (the last few offsites were in Mexico, Barcelona, and Amsterdam).
📖 Vacation Time: We all need a break sometimes. Visible employees get unlimited PTO.
🏢 Space: If you’d like to work in a coworking space or upgrade your home office, we’re happy to help.
⭐️ Culture: A team that makes you feel cared for.
Culture Quotes from our Team
- “We are able to feel a connection with each other even though it's virtual.”
- “Everyone at Visible loves working at Visible.”
- “I feel like everyone is listened to and there isn't a lot of egos involved when making decisions.”
- “Everybody is collaborative and responsive to requests to help other teammates.
- “Everybody has a pay-it-forward mindset that makes you want to do good work for the rest of the team and company.”
- Annual Salary: $65,000 - $80,000 (USD) depending on experience
Our Interview Process:
We'll review your application and portfolio. So long as you are thoughtful in your application, we aim to get back to you within one week.
- 30-minute phone screen with a Visible team member.
- 45-minute portfolio presentation with Ana, our lead designer. Choose two projects that you’ve worked on an end-to-end design process from research to implementation.
- We will evaluate:
- Visual Design: Having a strong eye for detail and composition.
- Proactivity & being a self-starter: Ability to work asynchronously and take ownership and responsibility without diminishing or compromising the contribution of others.
- Intentionality : Ability to realize an intended outcome. It encompasses communication, process, and their approach to working with others
- Self-awareness: Ability to understand his/her strengths/weaknesses and the willingness to seek new challenges to learn and grow
- We will evaluate:
- 30-minute Q & A with Ana and Matt
- Final Interview with Mike, our CEO