Senior Manager, UX Design
- 4 applicants (29%)
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our UX designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a culture of design by inviting cross-functional teams into our process to understand our users' pain points, generate different solutions, and test our ideas.
Our team delivers products and experiences by combining personal care and modern technology to give people the healthcare they deserve. We work closely to define emerging patterns, interactions, and visual systems from the ground up to solve problems that haven’t been solved yet, such as near real-time collaboration with providers on member care. It’s an opportunity to not only design better healthcare software, but to design a whole new way to work.
We are looking for a stellar Senior UX Design Manager to join our team. You are passionate about raising the design bar by thoroughly understanding business goals and growing others understanding of the business context. You advocate across the company and engage with leadership to develop strategies and visions for a broad range of users. If you are driven by growing as a leader and doer in design, while making an impact on healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior UX Design Manager, you will:
- Provide differentiated expertise in the delivery of great member and provider (i.e. doctors, nurses, hospitals) experiences and applications.
- Lead product definition, including planning, strategy, and the prioritization of work.
- Coordinating with peers in business and technology to not just understand and implement against someone else's strategy, but craft that strategy.
- Develop and drive initiatives including style guides, pattern libraries, tackling new platforms or generating wholly new product and service experiences.
- Establish a philosophy/mindset for how the team approaches their work.
- Leverage specialized expertise to raise the design quality bar and accelerate team throughput.
- Garner respect from your team through the demonstration of your mastery and willingness to spend time helping others.
- Evangelize design expertise across the company.
You will love this job if:
- You are a natural leader and thrive when sharing your knowledge with others.
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can do to help people.
- You are a systems-thinker that can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated problems.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values designing with research and data analysis.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate design decisions with non-designers.
You should get in touch if:
- You have roughly 7+ years design experience in a design environment, in-house, agency or other relevant industry. Plus 5+ years experience managing people.
- You have a portfolio that shows a diversity of experiences. Expert in two of UX team’s core skills/strong in two others (core skills: research/strategy, system design, interaction design, visual design).
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates industry mastery.
- You are knowledgeable in user-centered design best practices for web and mobile experiences.
- You have experience working on complex systems and applications.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are anE- Verifycompany.