Senior Manager, Creative Operations
Sr. Manager, Creative Operations
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As the Sr. Manager, Creative Operations you will have the unique opportunity to help build processes from the ground up for a newly formed Brand & Creative team. From project management, to team goal-setting, project planning, team health, and everything in between, this role will be a crucial part of the team’s success as we tackle our ambitious goals in 2022 and beyond.
In this role, you will lead and manage a team of project managers & producers, and work closely with many groups across the company to manage the creative teams’ projects from conception to completion. You will be tasked with improving how we work (process), overall communication, collaboration, and removing roadblocks. You’ll report into the Sr. Director, Design Operations.
What Creative Ops handles:
- Workflow: Structuring creative projects to ensure successful collaboration and output by each group involved
- Tools: Ensures the creative team has the tools to get the job done
- Governance: Who needs to see the work, and when
- Infrastructure: What the team needs to work more efficiently
- Pipeline: Ensures there is clarity on projects coming up and how well staffed the team is
- Culture: Helping build and maintain a thriving creative culture
- Management: Manage & oversee a team of project managers & producers; manage agency and vendor relationships; keeper of team budgets
- Cross-functional collaborations: help to partner with teams cross-functionally to infuse the MURAL brand throughout everything the company does
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Lead & manage a team of project managers & producers
- Build new processes from the ground up
- Collaborate with and support the individuals on the creative team in delivering best-in-class work
- Own and drive the creative project lifecycle strategy from planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, creative reviews, delivery and implementation to launch
- Act as a bridge/liaison between Creative team and any other team requesting work, by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Identify team needs with regard to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc
- Provide relevant partners & stakeholders with visibility and updates into current projects, resource use, team performance, velocity, and project health
- Be an instrumental contributor to quarterly planning
- Define and keep up-to-date documentation easily accessible of how the Creative team works, as well as how to work with all disciplines on the team
- Interface with legal, procurement, security teams to onboard and pay vendors, agencies, contractors
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal & external partners, driving a culture of collaboration.
- Be the owner of creative file & project repositories, help own a DAM solution for the team & company
We’re excited about you because you:
- LOVE operations. You’re proactive, organized, and thrive in the details, especially as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to connect with people throughout the company, at various levels of seniority
- Have an affinity for agile workflows and sprint development
- You know how to strike the balance on just the right amount of process – understanding what will help the team run effectively, as well as knowing where and how to introduce change in ways that help make the team more efficient and confident
- Have experience working in an operations / project management capacity for in-house agencies /creative teams
- Have experience helping grow a creative team culture internally and externally
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.