Senior Lead Designer
- USA Only
- 9 applicants (32%)
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀
A BIT ABOUT US...
BYTE/DEPT® is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Twitch, Google, Savage X Fenty, J&J and more. Since being founded in 2014, BYTE/DEPT® has grown to more than 150 brilliant people.
DEPT® is a leading digital agency with 27 offices in 13 countries around the world.
- Digital strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
Designers at Byte/Dept® bring to life authentic ideas that capture the audiences’ attention. They work within many different formats and social platforms, leveraging the latest tech. They combine strategic thinking with design, illustration and motion to deliver innovative work.
Our office in New York is looking for a Senior Lead Designer to help lead, art direct and oversee our Spotify client in addition to possibly supporting a few other accounts. The design team is made up of art directors, illustrators, animators (2D + 3D), and video editors, which means each designer brings something different to every project. This role helps manage and guide the entire team alongside their Senior Lead peers.
A Senior Lead Designer represents BYTE/DEPT® New York by maintaining the highest quality of work while leading their team of creatives. They help more junior team members grow and achieve their goals by staying in touch with their ambitions and providing them with projects that are a healthy challenge. The Senior Lead Designer is a problem solver, delegator and always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder. As a team, the work you create should be thoughtful and set a high bar of excellence due to your collaborative efforts with each other.
The base compensation for this full-time position will be between $90,000 - $110,000. Salary will commensurate with the person's appropriate work experience.
The role of Senior Lead Creative Planner is exciting, varied, and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Oversee all design projects across their dedicated accounts and pitch work to client(s).
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
- Provide art direction to more junior employees as well as hands-on design support as needed to help elevate the work of more junior peers.
- Review junior/mid designers’ work to ensure high-quality delivery of output.
- Provide guidance on prioritization and time management with junior team members.
- Book internal check-ins and 1:1s to ensure completion of projects along with facilitating discussions around performance.
- Confront arising issues and generate solutions quickly.
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- ~7 years’ proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic/Motion Designer, Art Director or similar role
- Have substantial experience with leading teams - not just providing mentorship.
- Skilled in providing effective feedback that is always clear and constructive.
- Proven experience with strategic delegation and utilization of team members.
- Can demonstrate the ability to beyond the execution of a project - can also think about the bigger picture and ladder it back to the brief.
- Has an appetite to stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools; any interest in automation is preferred.
- Exhibits strong presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Adobe Suite.
- Possesses excellent aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 20 vacation days, 5 personal/sick days plus 11 observed public holidays, and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- FSA and HSA benefits
- 401(k) plus company matching
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible working*
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
- Events calendar throughout the year promoting health & wellbeing, learning, fun, and good Bytes
- Global Annual DEPT® Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual DEPT® Festival
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach may include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Self-starting, reliable and dependable
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Open to feedback and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Sense of humour