Senior Graphic Designer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Graphic Designer
Position Location: Flexible (Boston, DC, Oakland, or Remote)
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position:
As a member of the Marketing and Communications department at JFF, the Senior Graphic Designer will contribute to our evolving efforts to be a strategic partner, while simultaneously producing a wide range of digital and print content.
The Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to further elevate JFF’s brand by acting as an ambassador, providing strategic thought-partnership on design and account support to internal stakeholders and business partners, while producing high-quality work consistent with JFF’s brand guidelines.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, the Senior Graphic Designer will consult, direct, liaise and partner on design projects with all JFF teams, JFF’s executive leadership & external business partners to deliver best-in- class collateral both static and dynamic. Also, the Senior Graphic Designer will ensure that our collateral(print, video, digital, etc.)support and advance the goals of JFF’s mission and brand while working in close collaboration with our in-house Graphic Designers to help create innovative and engaging design solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and excels in managing projects both independently and collaboratively while coaching and supporting more junior level colleagues. Given JFF’s continued growth and expansion, you will have a significant impact on the success of a well-established and scaling organization that works at the intersection of education and workforce development, in partnership with hundreds of organizations across sectors and industries. This is the perfect steppingstone for someone who aspires to be a creative director in the medium term.
What you’ll do:
Production Design and Project Management
- Design and produce a high volume of content for myriad internal clients which will be seen and leveraged by thousands of external stakeholders to advance JFF’s mission and strategic priorities
- Collaborate with program and communications teams to support the development of creative content for various initiatives, including publications, reports, policy briefs, infographics, social media graphics, email and landing page content, events collateral, and more.
- Oversee production workflow for creative design team, including oversight of assignments to junior designers, leading design reviews as well as innovation brainstorming, and ensuring design quality assurance processes to deliver high-quality design products
- Design and update templates for digital content, collateral, presentations, and email
- Collaborate across various internal teams in an adaptive environment, acting as a partner, consultant, and executor on creative vision, design, and execution
- Coordinate with outside design firms and freelancers to support on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
Strategic Design Consultation
- Partner strategically with our marketing and communications team in leading our design thinking and contribute to executing and innovating our print and digital strategy across the organization
- Support the development of the Executive team’s communications materials, e.g. PowerPoint presentations, graphics, funder collateral
- Contribute as the expert and internal influencer on print and digital marketing trends
- Work collaboratively with JFF’s editorial and creative services team to ensure branding, messaging, and style guideline alignment
- Collaborate with other Design team colleagues/resources to implement ongoing organizational training on how to leverage our brand effectively
- Use your excellent design skills and your understanding of creative integrity to reinforce JFF’s brand at every point of contact and bring fresh direction and insight to the team while maintaining defined design standards
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core valuesto all areas of your work
- You have approximately 5-7 years of overall experience and have previously worked in a creative digital design role or a related role in which you have worked on a design team and influenced design vision and execution; interactive design experience is a strong plus
- You are excited to perform hands-on design production tasks as well as coordination of design tasks with an ever-evolving brand and familiarity with Digital Asset Management Systems and Project Management Systems
- You have experience using digital marketing solutions and content management systems such as HubSpot and have familiarity within HTML and CSS
- You have experience using Adobe’s Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); experience with video production or animation is a plus
- You have experience designing ADA compliance/accessibility designs across both print and digital media
- You have a strong understanding of design principles and typography and have experience designing social cards, email assets, web graphics and publication templates
- You are detail oriented, an excellent problem solver and have strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- You are a flexible self-starter with the ability to seamlessly pivot between being an individual contributor and working in close collaboration with teammates and cross-functional stakeholders; you know when to pull in others for their expertise and how to manage up and across in order to complete projects with competing deadlines
- You enjoy leading creative design projects while coaching and supporting the development of junior designers within your team
- You have experience creating designs to promote events (virtually and in person)
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
- You are able and willing to travel up to 10%. This includes traveling to the Boston office up to 3 times per year to meet with the Marcomms Team and participate in team and organizational retreats, as needed. (Note: JFF requires Covid vaccination for all work-related travel.)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary andbenefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.