Senior Graphic Designer - Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Senior Graphic Designer – Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Location: US National – 100% Remote
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,500 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
The successful candidate will work with Michael Baker’s Proposal Development team to fill our company’s need to produce quality graphics, concept designs, animation/simulations, and print projects. This position will require close coordination with proposal managers, business development, product, and project delivery offices to concept ideas, produce graphics (both 2D and 3D), create videos and animations, design layouts and production activities.
- Consults with proposal team to discuss specific project needs and make recommendations on options, preferences and budget
- Studies existing illustrations, photographs, and text to plan presentation of material, product or service.
- Prepares graphics and/or layout of material according to instructions from proposal or sales lead and reviews materials for accuracy.
- Serves as a team member for strategic proposals to produce infographics and other illustrations to best portray win themes
- Prepares conceptual level visualizations and renderings including architectural and transportation designs such as buildings, highway, bridges, interchanges, etc.
- Ensures designs are aligned to existing company brand guidelines
- Seeks additional QA/QC of prepared materials.
- Presents samples to appropriate groups for selection and approval.
- Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed and presents final layout to supervisor for approval.
- Prepares final layout for printing or files to be provided for press. Reviews and approves proofs.
- Participates in business development and marketing strategy meetings as needed
- Obtains cost estimates and coordinates outside vendors such as printers or paper suppliers, as needed.
- AEC Industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a graphic designer (dedicated organization design, branding, or agency experience a plus)
- Experience in the development and execution of request, brainstorm, design and delivery of proposal graphic needs.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Adobe Suite (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Proficiency with 3D graphics/rendering software (Sketchup, Adobe 3D Max, etc.), to quickly and effectively communicate ideas, is preferred
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver 5 or more project assignments to meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail and effective decision making, organization, and editing skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to assist in developing strategic approaches and concepts
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible Work Schedules
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – 115,000. This will be dependent on the location, experience and expertise of the incoming candidate. THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE.