Senior Digital Designer
- Oceania / Pacific
- 6 applicants (11%)
SLIK is looking for a full-time Senior Digital Designer to join our Sydney team. (Applicants must be Australian residents)
You’ll join a lovely bunch of passionate creative thinkers, designers and doers delivering award-winning insight-led campaigns through beautiful storytelling and technical excellence.
We’re a flexible, agile independent agency, and our best hires are those that love wearing a few hats. We’ll value your point of view, ensure you’re in the mix with new client opportunities and support you to mentor junior team members with infectious enthusiasm.
Our clients love us for our persistent drive for quality and excellence, and it’s this pride in our work that makes it shine. We love poking at things, opening our minds (and others) and broadening perspectives. We constantly ask ourselves “What else?”. We also know how to have fun with laughter, pub lunches, office doggies and ski trips. We’re all for fun and fun for all.
Sounds like the work environment you’d like to work in? Send us your CV and portfolio.
- Develop strong UI designs for any platform or device
- Ensure all digital designs consider UX and accessibility requirements
- Generate digital-first designs throughout platforms, apps and advertising campaigns
- Develop powerful visual design concepts
- Maintain a high level of quality control throughout the design process
- Own creative briefs from start to finish
- Oversee other designer’s outputs and monitor the design process
- Mentor and oversee junior designers and provide input and feedback to improve their work
- Support Producers with accurate time estimates for tasks, and ensure proposed solutions are within budget
- Be a brand guardian for our clients, with the ability to push boundaries within the guidelines to generate new ideas
- Collaborate with all team members to meet tight deadlines
- Stay up to date on the latest design trends, and share new insights with the team
- Support the growth of the team and winning new business.
Skills and abilities:
- Develop future-fit UI designs and design systems
- Highly proficient in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Keynote
- Ability to produce high-quality creative outputs
- Developing strong and fresh visual design concepts for our clients
- Have the confidence to share and present ideas internally and externally
- Work up great presentation decks
- Strong team leadership and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to own creative briefs from start to finish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great team player
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Motivation to work on proactive ideas to generate more or new business
- The ability to form ideas and concepts is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Digital Designer
- An excellent portfolio of past design work
- Expert with design software and editing tools (Figma and Adobe Suite)
- Motion experience is a plus
- AWARD School, Ad School or any other creative courses are a plus, but not necessary.
- Applicants must be Australian residents