Senior Designer – Brand & Web
- 8 applicants (25%)
At Mighty Citizen, our designers aren't limited to a lane—they're multi- disciplinary and collaborative. They help solve problems across brand, UX and marketing projects.
We're looking for a senior designer with 8+ years of experience creating:
- responsive, component-driven web design systems
- complete brand identity systems
- conceptual advertising
Basically, there’s no design challenge too big. You bring an expert eye for layout, typography, and concept across channels. You know how to tie your design choices back to business strategy. Gestalt principles are in your DNA. You excel at creating the work, have the portfolio to prove it, but you're also at ease pitching your ideas to clients. And while design is your passion, so is helping others — maybe even more so.
Mighty Citizen is a digitally-focused, research-based agency developing brands, web design systems, and strategic marketing campaigns for mission- driven clients. We believe in thinking deeply, experimenting often, and hitting the mark every time. We help nonprofits, associations, universities, and government agencies more deeply connect with their audiences, increase their revenue and relevance, and improve their communities.
The Impact You’ll Make:
The Senior Designer position is a thought leader at Mighty Citizen. They're focused on complementing client strategy with high-quality deliverables spanning digital and traditional channels. Senior Designers contribute to client strategy through close collaboration with creative directors, marketing strategists, information architects, project managers, and direct interaction with clients.
As part of Mighty Citizen’s Creative department, you will:
- Consult clients on creative strategy and execution of creative projects.
- Develop look and feel for enterprise-level websites, including the creation of complex design systems. You'll combine UX best practices and accessibility needs resulting in useful, memorable experiences.
- Create complete brand identities. From scratch, or as part of a brand refresh, and complete with guidelines and collateral extensions.
- Work with the Client Marketing and Creative teams to concept and art direct marketing campaigns. Ensuring creative success across integrated channels (social, display, traditional.)
- Design and produce a range of branded deliverables, from corporate collateral to merchandise.
- Collaborate with creative vendors like photographers, videographers, and animators to produce compelling visuals for web designs and marketing content.
- Collaborate daily with agency departments, including UX, Marketing, Project Management, and Sales.
- Contribute to Mighty Citizen’s strategic planning and the overall business goals of Mighty Citizen.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a hands-on design role. Agency experience is strongly preferred but not required. Experience with associations, nonprofits, higher education, or government is a plus but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual communication design, user experience, graphic design, fine arts, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A savvy design eye, up-to-date on current trends, and steeped in foundational design principles.
- Expert grasp of typography, layout, color, and imagery to produce compelling and memorable designs.
- A portfolio of current work demonstrating design thinking, attention to detail, and mastery of craft is required.
- Experience creating library-based, responsive website design systems that embrace atomic design and accessibility best practices.
- Experience concepting, designing, and deploying complete brand identities, including logo development, guidelines, and collateral applications.
- Creation of marketing campaign creative concepts, with familiarity supporting campaign production, including creation of assets for email, web (landing pages), social media, and advertising (display, print, out-of-home, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of design software is required, including Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite. (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.)
- Organized, with a keen attention to detail and processes. You’ll be working on a variety of clients with a variety of deliverables. Project managers will help manage the workload, but being on top of your work is key.
- Experience with public speaking and pitching creative work to clients or stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time and projects effectively with a focus on the details and minimal supervision.
- Great interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to tactfully deliver and accept honest criticism.
- Natural strategic curiosity with an affinity for problem-solving.
- A systems thinker, able to see the forest from the pixel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude with team members.
- Experience with animation, motion graphics and/or prototyping (AfterEffects, Principal, etc.)
- Experience working with project management teams and productivity tools to track project progress (Google Suite, chat programs, etc.)
- Ability to manage time and complete tasks quickly and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to jump in on any task to help the team.
$80,000 – $90,000, dependent on experience.
For more information about our benefits, DEI efforts and our hiring process, check out the complete posting on the Mighty Citizen website.