Senior Designer Brand & Marketing
At DataCamp, we're on a mission to help everyone thrive in a data-powered world. Why? Because data drives everything. But many businesses and individuals lack critical data skills and the tools they need to apply them in the real world—that's where we come in. DataCamp’s online platform empowers companies and individuals to bridge their data skill gaps, get certified by experts in the field, collaborate with colleagues, publish data analyses, and match top data talent with in-demand jobs.
Being the global leader in data upskilling means starting with a super talented team. We're a smart, curious, and data-driven group, dedicated to improving the way people work with data. We’re looking for bright people to join our team and make a big impact. You’ll join a fast-growing and ambitious international team united by the goal of spreading data literacy to learners and organizations around the world. We’ll also set you up for success with the latest hardware, a dedicated training budget, health benefits, and more.
We’ve already upskilled 9 million people around the world and more than 2,000 companies, and we’re just getting started. Come join us!
Brand and Marketing Design at DataCamp
This role sits within the Marketing Strategy Team and works closely within the wider Design Squad, and leads the visual strategy for marketing at DataCamp. We do this by crafting, evolving, and maintaining the visual brand identity, constantly pushing for better, making our brand as recognisable as possible!
About the role
DataCamp is looking for a talented, multidisciplinary Senior Designer to join its Brand and Marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Design Lead, the Senior Designer will be responsible for supporting the direction of DataCamp’s visual branding and crafted designs for digital and print across a variety of different campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be able to transform complex topics into clear and impactful visuals, enjoy working on a range of design projects, and be able to work effectively with team members across the organization.
As the Senior Designer, you will enjoy both autonomy and responsibility, driving the creative process from concept to final execution. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability in composition, typography, color theory, and layout.
- As a visual storyteller, you will convey our company’s mission and the value we bring to our customers through design.
- Brainstorm, create, and transform ideas into visually compelling stories for all types of marketing assets that drive business results, including the DataCamp website, presentations, digital ads, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics, printed collateral, event graphics, video, iconography, illustration, and more.
- Simplify complex topics into clear and impactful visuals, including data visualizations.
- Work iteratively to test creative assets and adapt to inform future design decisions.
- Maintain DataCamp’s brand guidelines and communicate guidelines internally.
- Be a brand ambassador across the organization to drive higher standards for design and consistency by maintaining DataCamp’s brand guidelines.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of relevant experience in digital design
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing design expertise and intelligent approach to visual problem solving
- A self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others, and a fast learner that enjoys working in a dynamic environment, ready to take on exciting new challenges
- Experience designing across mediums
- Experience developing web pages, including wireframing, understanding of messaging hierarchy, and UI/UX best practices
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and a consistently high level of attention to detail
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A desire to push the boundaries of how a brand shows up in the world
- Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma
- Experience creating motion/video content is a plus (e.g. working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro)
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!).
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
We believe in equal opportunities
DataCamp is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.