- 10 applicants (77%)
We’re a remote team and dispersed in various parts of Planet Earth (albeit our core team is based in St. John’s, NL. Canada). In other words, it doesn’t matter where you live. All you will need is an Internet connection (which, clearly you do). And a laptop. And mad skills. And countless other tangible and intangible skills.
The purpose of this job posting is to outline Upstream’s expectations from the Senior Designer and to provide details on the opportunity we have to offer.
We’re looking for a highly skilled designer that also has art direction skills.
We need someone who can work closely with Cora - by that we mean, she briefs you, you collaborate with her to come up with design concepts, you do the heavy-lifting on creating the design, you take feedback from Cora to refine it and get the design to final art.
Ultimately, you’re someone she can confidently hand design projects to knowing that your work is always original, as well as thoughtfully and carefully created.
We’re also going to need your help on production work (ie Upstream designing proposals, modifying existing artwork for retail clients, etc).
Salary: To be negotiated
Experience: 10+ years experience
The following qualities are expected from the Senior Designer.
- You are a person of your word, honest and you do what you say you’re going to do.
- Takes direction well and carries out Cora’s feedback. Willing to listen to other ideas, as well as contribute your own.
- We can trust you to do your work, as opposed to having to micromanage and/or redo the work to get it to completion.
(4) Proactive & Accessible
- Sends daily updates on project-wise progress and attends review meetings as needed.
(5) Timeline Driven
- Ensures that all the activities are completed within the given timeline. Lets Cora know, in advance, if a timeline is in jeopardy or cannot be met.
- Ultimately, the results of the assigned projects should be satisfactory and as good or better than the work Cora could do on her own.
(7) Due Diligence
- Ensures that all activities are done thoughtfully. Is careful and observant to identify any additional ideas, info or details that will help to improve the final product.
- Detail-oriented in your design process and presentation.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact Cora:
- Email: email@example.com