- USA Only
- 4 applicants (18%)
Our marketing team is seeking a Senior Designer with great aesthetic sensibilities and a love of entertainment. Our team supports the marketing and creative needs of Topic Studios. Projects will include everything from developing and pitching key art, creating pitch decks and presentation decks, social media assets, promotional content and marketing campaigns, event signage, and overall, helping to maintain brand quality standards.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with entertainment brands and how to best develop creative solutions for platforms where our presence and content live including websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced designer that is highly self-motivated, resourceful, organized and efficient, adaptable, energetic, professional, collaborative, and with an overall great work ethic. This position will be the sole designer on the team and will work with outside freelance designers, editors and motion graphics professionals as needed.
- Help to develop and maintain the visual identity of the brands
- Be highly collaborative and adaptable with teams and individuals across the company to tackle new initiatives and meet unexpected challenges.
- Build strong, supportive, and constructive relationships throughout the organization.
- Conceptualize and develop key art
- Develop logos, title treatments and brand systems
- Conceptualize and develop ads and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop ideas.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Be diligent about keeping key staff in the loop regarding the status of projects
- Develop presentation decks and deck templates (Adobe Express, etc.)
- Create event signage and collateral
- Resize assets as needed for print and digital
- Design materials for print (business cards, postcards, collateral, custom packaging, signage, etc)
- Own projects from conception through execution.
- Work to constantly push, evolve and elevate the work.
- Stay on top of industry trends, advancements and new techniques that could help to elevate the work and brand.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions related to projects and overall department, and company goals
- Work within our file structure system and keeping files extremely organized.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a designer, preferably in film, television, entertainment, or media
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, fine art or related field or equivalent experience.
- A passion for design.
- 5+ years using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- B2B and B2C experience preferred
- Motion design experience a plus (Adobe AfterEffects)
- Experience developing key art and working on marketing campaigns preferred
- Strong sense of visual storytelling and visual aesthetic
- Experience with branding and developing systems that reinforce and strengthen brand equity
- Experience with print and prepping files for printers
- Ability to take feedback as a process and a means to continually improve, grow and pivot as needed.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and to prioritize the needs of multiple assignments.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully.
- Ability to share feedback in a constructive way.
- Ability to help problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Incredibly creative, organized, efficient and dedicated to creating quality work.
Location: First Look Media/Topic Studios is located in New York City. This is a hybrid position that will be expected to be in the NYC office for 2 - 3 days each week.
Compensation(NYC Only) : The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $90,000 annually. The salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skillset and other job related factors.
About TOPIC STUDIOS
Topic Studios is the award-winning entertainment studio from First Look Media that develops, finances and produces provocative and entertaining content for all platforms including theatrical, streaming, television and podcasts.
Notable films from the Studio include David Lowery’s upcoming pop music melodrama Mother Mary (with A24); Shortcomings , the feature directorial debut of Randall Park starring Justin H. Min, Sherry Cola and Ally Maki (Sony Pictures Classics); the musical comedy Theater Camp , directed by Molly Gordon and Nick Lieberman (winner of the Sundance U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award: Ensemble - Searchlight Pictures); Brandon Cronenberg’s Infinity Pool starring Alexander Skarsgård and Mia Goth (with NEON); Nikyatu Jusu’s Nanny (winner of the 2022 Sundance U.S. Dramatic Grand Jury Prize - Blumhouse/Amazon); Pablo Larraìn’s Spencer , starring Kristen Stewart (Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee for her performance) as Princess Diana (with NEON); and the Academy Award®-winning Spotlight. Acclaimed documentaries from the Studio have included Lizzie Gottlieb’s Turn Every Page , about literary legends Robert Caro and Robert Gottlieb, now in theaters (Sony Pictures Classics); Stanley Nelson and Traci A. Curry’s Attica on Showtime (2022 Academy Award®-nominee for Best Documentary); the Emmy® and PGA-winning HBO big wave surfing series from director Chris Smith, 100 Foot Wave , now in its second season.
Pioneering podcasts include the upcoming cancel-culture satire Cancellation Island from creator John Cameron Mitchell (the second podcast collaboration between Mitchell and the Studio, after the critically acclaimed musical series Anthem); the upcoming The Space Within , a thrilling sci-fi mystery starring Jessica Chastain, Bobby Cannavale, Ellen Burstyn, Michael Stuhlbarg, Shea Whigham, and Carmen Ejogo; and Not Lost , the new food and travel show from former Dinner Party Download host Brendan Francis Newnam. And the studio’s scripted television division is rapidly growing, with several major projects in development, including the Untitled Martin Lawrence Project , based on the acclaimed Israeli “HOT” series Nehama.
About FIRST LOOK MEDIA
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, FLM was founded on the fundamental belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and the power of storytelling, are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media’s flagship brands include the award-winning entertainment studio, Topic Studios and its “criminally-good” streaming service, Topic. FLM continues to expand its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms, as well as through foundational technology, helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.