Senior Account Manager, Learning Design
Senior Account Manager, Learning Design
- United States –
- $70k – $87.50k
Want to be part of a growing company that is using technology, pedagogy, and design to bring about positive social change? Founded in 2010, we are a social enterprise that works with the leading nonprofits and government agencies around the world to push the boundaries of what’s possible in virtual learning and online events. From delivering an online series of courses on COVID response for frontline health workers to powering the largest human rights and tech conference in the world (RightsCon), TechChange contributes to some of the most innovative and important (virtual) conversations of our era.
TechChange provides human-powered services like facilitation, production, support, and design and a user-centric platform to support over 500K users across some 800 courses, workshops, and events.
Senior Account Managers, Learning Design play a vital role in building beautiful, engaging, and impactful virtual courses, programs, and workshops with our clients in international development, public health, social impact, and the private sector. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to develop creative approaches to support the entire participant learning journey for our global customers and participants. This role requires a unique blend of curriculum & instructional design expertise, project management skills, and customer relationship acumen.
Senior Account Managers are responsible for managing large-scale, multi- faceted training programs from concept through launch. Success is achieved through building strong partner relationships, understanding partner training needs, and serving those needs through leveraging TechChange training platform, educational colleagues/teammates, and creative team. This will be measured through assessments of partner and learner satisfaction and the sustainability and growth of partner accounts.
Content, Curriculum, Instructional Design:
- Lead complex learning projects with TechChange customers by leveraging TechChange’s education pedagogical approach and online platform
- Enable high-quality content creation through partner consulting, needs analysis, design and development of training modules
- Design, develop, and lead and/or support synchronous, blended, and asynchronous learning
- Conduct course storyboarding or training agenda, authoring, and development of learning content and blended learning solutions
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to inform and improve business objectives and learning outcomes for diverse stakeholders
- Develop core project plans to communicate timeline and dependencies to customers, drive day-to-day activities to meet project milestones
- Organize personnel and resources to stay within budget, assess project risk, provide quality control to meet goals, and report on project status and health
- Ensure alignment on scope of work and manage scope changes and upsells as needed
- As a trusted advisor to your customers, develop a deep understanding of their core learning goals and initiatives and identify how TechChange products and services can help meet these objectives
- Proactively review client platform/content use to suggest ways to improve learning outcomes, platform user success, or client satisfaction
- Develop and implement strategic plans to manage and grow accounts in partnership with our business development team
- Act as a resource to others within the Education Department; collaborate with colleagues on solution development and serve as a resource and problem solver for and with Education team colleagues
- Provide insights into systems and processes that will improve role effectiveness heading inter-and-cross-team initiatives as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in education, training, instructional design, curriculum development, and/or other relevant experience
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience (eg. managing projects, scopes, and deliverables; high-touch customer/account management; consulting and/or training)
- Experience with International Development, Global Health, Government, NGOs highly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of online learning and pedagogical principles and techniques and/or experience developing training for online/hybrid environment
- Ability to up-skill quickly in new and evolving technical and SaaS software
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities to identify and frame issues, synthesize information and draw insightful conclusions
- Exceptional project management and organization skills: you are detail-oriented with the ability to move multiple projects to the finish line at the same time and on schedule
- Great communication skills and the ability to create and foster strong relationships
- Strong communicator (facilitator and active listener)
- Human-centered design/design-thinking experience valued
- Poses leadership qualities, while comfortable working solo
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to align and execute strict deadlines with limited resources
- Knowledge of audience engagement and/or virtual collaboration software
- Technical skills not required, a plus:
- Virtual facilitation tools: Miro, Slido or Mentimeter, Zoom (or similar video conferencing tools)
- Project Management tools: Monday.com etc.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages is highly valued
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 10 company holidays
- Parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
- Professional development funding
- Technology stipend
Salary Range: $70,000-$87,500
REMOTE/TIME ZONE CONSIDERATIONS
Remote (distributed, work-from-home structure); flexible east coast hours while serving global clients.
REMOTE OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
The position will require extensive time sitting or standing and viewing computer screens from a home setup. The following capabilities are required to perform this position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations can be made available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pounds).
- Ability to walk up multiple flights of stairs.
- Ability to travel in the US and international (less than 10% time, when appropriate)
Open until filled
TechChange is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know that our differences make us better. TechChange does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.