TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know- how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Seattle Public Schools, Boston Public Schools, Buffalo Public School, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google, Forbes and are backed by Google, Eric Schmidt, AT&T, Cisco, and Stanford University to name a few.
We're at a critical inflection point in the organization's growth, our user base has grown exponentially in the past year while our team doubled and will double again over the next year. It's an important time to join our team and build on our momentum and ability to support students and families during this critical time in which education equity gaps are more concerning than ever. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
We’re looking for a mid-level Product/UX Designer to evolve all our products, both on mobile and web. As the second designer on the team, you’ll be a major contributor and you will:
- Create wireframes, mockups, and user flows to communicate design solutions for our web and mobile products
- Partake in all phases of the design process—research, concepts, design, implementation, and success metrics
- Extend our well-established design language and help evolve our complex design system in Figma
- Work in close collaboration with Senior Product Designer and Product Managers to inform and improve design processes and practices
- Develop and maintain specs, assets, documentation to support implementation and shared understanding across the team
- Conduct and analyze user surveys and qualitative user research
- Collaborate with other teams like partner success, customer support, engineering, among others to identify problems and help drive meaningful changes in our products
- Occasionally support marketing, sales, and philanthropy teams with your visual design chops by creating marketing materials, social media share outs, presentation decks, etc.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience designing mobile apps and web products
- You have solid visual design skills and understanding of typography
- You have experience creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and documenting engineering handoffs
- You enjoy the interaction with users and care deeply about solving their problems
- You are a self-starter and able to work independently
- You are highly skilled in design tools like Figma and Sketch
- You are a systems thinker and enjoy improving design systems
- You’re enthusiastic about iterative design process, open to and inspired by feedback
- You have a background or experience with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments)
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited time off
- 401K match
- Annual professional development benefit
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and link to your LinkedIn profile and portfolio.