🌎 Our mission
Spatial Media creates digital tools that help people engage with the future.
- Through digital engagement assets that articulate the story of a project, audiences are empowered to understand, interact and share the vision of their future place.
- We're a relatively flat-structured small-to-medium business born out of a want to do things differently.
- If you want to work where your voice and talent are valued then we think you'll like working here.
- Our team is globally distributed, but the majority of us are in Australia and Canada. We are now seeking a product designer to join us on our ambitious mission.
- As our product designer for Spatial Media, you will help us lay the foundation for our new enterprise SaaS platform. You will work on Community Analytics (CA) which is a powerful stakeholder engagement tool used by government and private clients.
- Feelings, not just Figma. To us, product design is more than wireframes and prototypes. It’s about having deep empathy for our clients, understanding their needs, and translating that into a functional and delightful online experience.
- Are you a design professional who is ready to solve complex business challenges through creativity and experimentation? Your days will not be boring!
🎯 What you'll do
- Work with the product manager and developers to create a library of components that we can use to scale up our product development.
- Build click-through wireframes and mock-ups for new features and improve the existing ones based on primary and secondary research.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your design assumptions by conducting inexpensive experiments.
- Communicate research insights and UI/UX initiatives through both written and verbal channels to stakeholders in the company.
- Bring a strong and evidence-based opinion to all design decisions. Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
🙌 What we're looking for
- 4+ years of design experience, 2+ in B2B space.
- Can work with a product manager to take an idea from conception to requirements to a set of wireframes and user flows that can be handed off to the developers.
- Can spin up quick designs and clickable prototypes on relatively short notice using Figma or a prototyping tool of your choice.
- Exceptional communication skills - able to convince, debate, and learn (strong beliefs; loosely held).
- Knows the fundamentals of creating landing pages and extracting value out of experiments.
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity.
🙌 What we offer
- Work from home at hours that suit you, as long as you attend required meetings and complete your tasks
- Office equipment (computers, monitors, etc) will be provided as required
- A flat anti-corporate company structure — your voice is always valued
- Budget for professional development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
- We'll pay your way to attend face-to-face catch-ups with the team a few times a year
- ESOP and bonus eligibility after 12 months — we want you to feel like an integral part of the success and growth of the company
- Opportunities for working-holiday arrangements between Australia and North America, with other locations available for consideration
- If you're in Canada we have a robust health plan available
We appreciate everyone who takes an interest in roles with Spatial Media however we will only be contacting people who are successful in gaining an interview for the position.