- USA Only
Ever felt like navigating our healthcare system is like trying to shop blindfolded with your hands tied behind your back? Yeah, we do too, and we think it needs to change.
At UnifiHealth, our vision is to create the only health plan you will ever need. This is a big goal, and to get there we’ll need to bring a new mentality to how to price, pay for, and navigate healthcare. To start, we’re building the modern health plan for small businesses — a segment of the market that has long been overlooked and underserved.
While dealing with healthcare might never be fun, we think it can certainly be less painful and less confusing. Everybody wins when our members save money and stay healthy. We are seeking a Product Designer who can create user- centric, delightful products that also drive behavior change. As our first Designer, you’ll be deeply involved in shaping the Design organization, and will play a critical role in charting the course for a product that can meaningfully change healthcare for the better. Prior healthcare experience is not required.
While not a requirement, we do have a preference that the person in this specific role be located in NYC or be willing to travel to NYC on a regular basis.
Notice to candidates: We believe that a more diverse and inclusive team is critical to big impact and success. As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we use blind-screening for all applications.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams (as well as Sales & Marketing and Clinician Partnerships teams) to facilitate key design processes, including research planning and execution, and designing and prototyping ideas with rapid feedback loops
- Develop compelling design solutions that strike the right balance of delight, feasibility, and functionality
- Establish and promote a design system and design best practices and standards
- Launch 2 new products (and several more as we grow over the year)
- Work in an ambiguous, fast-paced and asynchronous team environment
- Help shape Unifi’s Design organization and culture
- Join the team for our quarterly in-person meetup in rotating cities around the country
As a Product Designer, you should have:
- Experience in designing engaging user experiences across multiple devices and platforms
- Expertise in design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Invision, AdobeXD, etc.). Our current designs are in Figma
- Experience developing design systems and design pattern libraries grounded in Atomic Design
- Familiarity with modern web technologies and an understanding of the fundamentals of frontend development
- A portfolio that highlights well-designed experiences along with the ability to articulate processes, decisions and key learnings
- The ability to foster communication and collaboration across the product trio - product, design and engineering
- A willingness to bring a perspective and opinion to the conversation, while at the same time having the grace and confidence to “think again”
- An interest in being part of a community that fosters and encourages continuous learning and where you will oscillate between the roles of both student and teacher
Like the rest of the UnifiHealth team, you’ll benefit from:
- Equity in the company
- A new company laptop
- Unlimited PTO with a twist — we require a minimum of 12 days off per year to ensure you’re enjoying life away from Unifi
- Coverage under UnifiHealth insurance (unless you’re outside our coverage area, in which case we’ll subsidize an ACA health plan)
- A one-time $750 reimbursement to set up your home office — whether it is a standing desk, a new monitor, or a mouse pad hand warmer — we want you to make your workspace your own!
- Quarterly company get-togethers where we convene for 1-3 work days with an optional social event over the weekend (next up: Columbus, OH in October and Denver, CO in January)
- The option to travel as needed to meet with your team for in-person co-working days, separate from the company get-togethers
- A 401(k) program implemented by year end 2021
- Company swag you’ll actually want; quality over quantity is our motto