Product Designer, Growth
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
Design is a vital organization at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing quick video messages, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to discover and explore uncharted territory. That's why we're focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Loom is a remote-first company, and Design is no exception: we're hiring the best Designers, Researchers, and Writers from around the world, wherever they are.
We’re hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of Loom as we grow our user base. Growth Product Designers work on initiatives that increase the amount of creators, viewers, and teams on Loom – empowering millions of people to communicate faster and more effectively at work. You will be a part of a tight-knit team, delivering massive value through both small, iterative tests and foundational, vision projects. Some examples of the work you will be doing are improvements to our new user onboarding, increasing team invites, and helping users build a habit with Loom. You’ll partner with every team across Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to help drive activation, engagements and team expansion. You will define best practices, design for challenges both big and small, and lay the foundations for our product for years to come.
- Design delightful and educational onboarding experiences that give people the confidence, context and understanding to record and share their first Looms.
- Educating users how to form a habit of communicating with video at work through nudges and other educational levers
- Carve paths for teams and individuals to easily invite and engage with teammates on loom
- Simplify our roles and self-serve funnel to drive monetization amongst individuals and teams
- Help drive our core metrics for activation, engagement, acquisition, and monetization
- Be a key part of a well-rounded team of Design, PM and Engineering.
- Contribute to the Lens Design System
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in critique, roadmapping, sprint planning, and product and design Slack channels.
- Help Recruit and interview new Product Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What We're Looking For
- Experience in Product Design organizations that have shipped software to users, working closely with Product and Engineering teammates to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Demonstrable experience working with data, conducting and measuring product design experiments, and a passion for setting and achieving OKRs and metrics that materially impact the business.
- An outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, and idea generation.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with remote teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams.
- A learning and growth mindset: We’re an early-stage startup, and we’re growing quickly. Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve, iterate, and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high- growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign- born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.