Product Designer, founding team
Focused on the intersection of climate and e-commerce, our mission is to accelerate the electrification of personal infrastructure. Electrifying everything is a crucial step in fighting climate change. We’re making it simple for consumers to purchase electrically powered devices instead of fossil fueled alternatives. We're getting started with EV chargers.
We’re backed by General Catalyst and the Lachy Groom Fund as well as climate focused funds and 30+ angels with diverse operating experience in energy, e-commerce, and climate tech. We’re looking for people to join our founding team as we work to build a greener world.
Kopperfield is cofounded by Jesse Vaughan, who studied economic policy, spent ~3 years in Myanmar (Burma), and formerly cofounded Landed; and Mark Wong, former Head of Platform Products and Applied ML at Stripe as well as a founding member of Stripe's PM team. We're currently a nimble team of 5.
We're looking for our a designer to join our founding team. You will define how our company presents itself to the world. You’ll directly shape how our products and brand look, feel, and function.
You’ll be responsible for
- UX and UI design for web, mobile web, and mobile software from end to end: concept, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, final fit and finish
- Service design, focused on improving the experience for consumers, sellers and installers
- Creating coherent, consistent, elegant designs, and helping patterns emerge overtime as the product grows and as more designers join
- Selecting and managing external design resources where necessary (illustrations, logos, etc.)
- Coordinating UX research and research vendors
We're looking for candidates that
- Have at least 4+ years of professional design experience at a technology company
- Have mastery over the tools of the trade (Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop etc)
- Are excited about working on both Business and Consumer experiences
- Are able to show a compelling portfolio of past work
- Are passionate about our mission
- Are legally allowed to work in either USA or Canada (we are not able to hire people from other countries at the moment)
Nice to have:
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Web development and prototyping experience
- Experience designing software for platforms or marketplace products