Product Designer, founding team
Focused on the intersection of climate and e-commerce, our mission is to accelerate the electrification of personal infrastructure. Electrifying everything is a crucial step in fighting climate change. We’re making it simple for consumers to purchase electrically powered devices instead of fossil fueled alternatives.
We’re backed by world class traditional VCs as well as climate focused funds, and 30+ angels with diverse operating experience. We’re looking for people to join our founding team as we work to build a greener world.
We believe that the most impactful thing we can do to accelerate electrification is help businesses capture demand by eliminating purchase friction. Businesses should be able to sell electrical devices (such as EV chargers, heat pumps, inductions stoves, heat pump water heaters) including installation, incentives, and financing, right in checkout. Buying one of these devices should be as simple as ordering takeout. We’re getting started with EV chargers.
We're currently a nimble team of three experienced operators: Jesse studied economic policy, spent ~3 years in Myanmar (Burma), and formerly cofounded Landed; Mark is a computer engineer by training, and formerly headed platform products and applied ML at Stripe; Aaron is an electrical engineer by training, and was an early engineer at Stripe and other startups.
We're looking for our first designer and to join our founding team, you will define how our company presents itself to the world. You’ll directly shape how our products and brand look, feel, and function.
You’ll be responsible for
- UX and UI design for web, mobile web, and mobile software from end to end: concept, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, final fit and finish
- Service design, focused on improving the experience for consumers, sellers and installers
- Creating coherent, consistent, elegant designs, and helping patterns emerge overtime as the product grows and as more designers join
- Selecting and managing external design resources where necessary (illustrations, logos, etc.)
- Coordinating UX research and research vendors
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of relevant design experience working very closely with product and engineering
- You’ve built products that are meant to be white labelled / embedded (e.g., Stripe checkout, Shopify stores)
- You’re excited about working across both b2b workflows and consumer UIs.
- You have a compelling portfolio of past work, showcasing a wide variety of UX design outcomes
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop
- You are willing to learn the minutiae of home electrical upgrades in order to accelerate decarbonization
Nice to have:
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Web development and prototyping experience
- Experience designing software for platforms or marketplace products