Product Designer for early SaaS startup
- Europe Only
- 2 applicants (6%)
IMPORTANT : this position is based in the italian part of Switzerland - ~40km from Milan and ~10km from Como in Italy - we are looking for candidates that can spend at least 3 days/week in our offices.
We are rethinking how people and companies build long-term relationships. We are two serial entrepreneurs that have been working together for 10+ years and previously built and exited a $30M/year SaaS business. We are in the early stages of our new venture and we are looking for highly talented and motivated people who want to join our founding team as the first UX/UI Designer.
You should expect to be part of all our strategic decisions regarding product, business model, and execution and play a critical role in developing our team and product development for the next 24+ months. Startup experience, strong ambition, and motivation to build a global SaaS business are all strong preferences for us. If you have spent time in the e-learning, skills and HR industry that’s a strong advantage for this position.
We are actively seeking a UX/UI Designer to join us. You will be our first designer in the team and you will work closely with us and our first software engineers to think, design and iterate on our product. You should expect a very friendly and motivating work environment where we will challenge each other and spend tons of time talking to customers. We are approaching this problem in a new way so we are looking for someone that is open to experimentation and has the ability to understand specific business needs and problems and translate them into a product.
Our product has a strong end-user experience and an enterprise software component, so you should expect to work on both personas and experiences. We are targeting a mobile-first approach.
As our startup grows we see your role evolving into more senior positions up until you might be asked to build and lead our first design team. Going into product management is another strong career path we see for this position.
Our compensation package is composed of a competitive base salary (our range is between 45 and 60k CHF/year based on your experience) and an important initial equity grant (0.2%-1%) in our company as you will be part of our first employees group.
What you will do in this role
- Brainstorm, research and work side by side with founders and early team on our software product.
- Design and iterate on our product interface, both for B2C and B2B audiences.
- Research and innovate the way we enable people to work on their skills, career paths and general career management
- Work side by side with our front-end engineers to implement your design into our software and constantly optimize it.
Your career path for this role
As our startup grows we see your role evolving into more senior positions up until we might ask you to build and lead our first design team. Going into product management is another strong career path we see for this position. Our goal is to work with someone who is ambitious and wants to grow in this role with additional responsibilities over time.
Requirements and skills
- Experience in design and implementation of SaaS platforms both for B2C and B2B
- Previous experience working with front-end developers and engineers in modern software development environments.
- Previous experience working for small startups is a strong plus
- Strong fluency with tools such as Figma or similar in this space
- Strong ability to work and collaborate with small teams
- Passionate about product and product development
- Passionate about the world of work, skills and career development
This role has a hybrid configuration, you will be required to work from our office (Ticino, Italian Swiss region) for 2-3 days per week. We are a small startup and want to be flexible but at this point we strongly value spending time together to brainstorm and quickly iterate on our product.