Ever wish you could be in at the ground level to influence the growth and construct of a design team? This is your opportunity. As the first design hire, you'll have direct impact across the entire look and feel of Violet. We'd love your help in making sure we're creating beautiful, elegant experiences that delight our users with function-first design. This role will report directly to the CEO, a design-forward leader.
As a team, we will work on a wide variety of interfaces and use cases throughout the Violet Dashboard. You will get your hands dirty in Figma with full exposure to the product development lifecycle. We're energized by adopting new tools, acquiring new skills, and simplifying complex processes and experiences. We're a fast-paced organization, in the sense that everyone on the team is highly skilled, senior, and looking to maintain a high level of quality. A a result, we're all up-skilling, regardless of where any of us are at in our journey.
Come help set the path for the future of this team and core features of the Violet API and it's dashboard / interfaces!
- Develop user flows, wireframes, and high fidelity designs for new features and functionality
- Operate from a design-thinking mindset to solve user problems through various interface options
- Construct and manage a design system to empower product, GTM, and other stakeholders to assist in the design and prototyping process
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define the long-term strategy and short term tactics of our products
- Turn everyone into a designer, so the focus becomes on effectively solving problems and less on whether or not they know how to use Figma
- Help mature the design organization towards complimentary skillsets to scale our output and increase quality
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years in a product design role or similar
- Experience developing a design system to empower parallel design
- Equally skilled in UX design and UI/visual design
- Able to simplify business requirements and product specs into screens
- A keen eye towards data informed revision of product designs
- Experience in an agile software team
- Capable of autonomous workload management
- Highly detailed and focused on quality throughout the process
- Great communicator
- Experience using Figma
- Experience using JIRA or similar
- Software Engineering Experience a plus
- Animation and/or After Effects/Lottie/Principle experience a plus
- Brand, Illustration, and/or Web design a plus