🗺 Company Overview
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 450 Higher Education institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Product Designer here at Unibuddy you will take ownership of the end to end design process, working collaboratively with cross functional teams to provide the best possible experience for our prospective and current students, as well our customers, the universities.
You will play a pivotal role in the creation of exciting new features in our roadmap that will empower students to make the best choice about their higher education journey, with significant scope for personal development.
👩🏻🔧 On a day to day basis you will...
- Embed yourself within squads, working closely with Product Managers and Engineers in a fast paced iterative environment.
- Be a user advocate, bringing empathy for the users back to the team by carrying out user research, communicating your findings to the broader business, and translating those insights into tangible outcomes.
- Facilitating a collaborative cross-functional approach to design, and providing your expertise.
- Make intelligent design decisions and compromises to support an MVP approach while keeping the user at the center.
- Create, maintain and socialise clearly documented UX artefacts for your respective product areas.
- Create beautiful high fidelity designs, and clickable prototypes for demos and usability testing.
- Work closely with the rest of the Design Team to ensure continued alignment and quality across our product suite, and overall brand.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if are…
- 3+ years in a Product Design role tackling both UX and UI design challenges in a commercial setting, evidenced by a portfolio of beautiful case studies.
- Extremely passionate about UX and have an in-depth understanding of Design Thinking, User Centred Design, user research, IA and established design patterns.
- Equal parts creative and analytical.
- Experienced applying design methods within an agile scrum framework.
- Experienced working with overseas teams (we work with buddies in Bangalore and USA everyday!).
- Great at facilitating workshops and other collaborative sessions, whether digitally or in-person.
- Experienced working with Design Systems.
- Proficient in Figma, or similar for the creation of UIs and clickable prototypes. As well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- A real team player, enthusiastic about helping out and giving/receiving feedback. With fantastic communication skills.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
🎁 What's on offer
- Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 plus stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture, hybrid of home working and in the office for 20% - 60% of your week.
- Flexible working hours because life happens!
- Learning & development budget of £1000 for books, conferences, courses, or any other ways you like to learn! With time in your working week dedicated to development activities.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup. If you need a desk, chair, headphones or keyboard & mouse we have you covered with our generous budget of £405
- Bi-annual 360 performance reviews. Provide and receive extensive feedback from your manager and peers to enable your career progression.
- Socials. Team, office and company-wide get togethers (or virtual!) on us happen on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis respectively.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. As well as a link to your portfolio to showcase your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at email@example.com
We receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.