At SafetyWing, we have a strong connection between tech and product – we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to creating great products.
We are looking for an innovative Product Designer to join our Creative team of 7 in building a global social safety net on the Internet.
👨🎤 As our Product Designer you will
- Create user experience and user interface designs for desktop and mobile.
- Help with product ideation, concept development, quality assurance, and design implementation.
- Guard, shape, and maintain SafetyWing's product design system.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research, along with usability testing.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Has a solid professional background as a product and user experience designer.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process, including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- An ability to communicate clearly with peers across disciplines, follow design guidelines, and eagerness to try new applications and working methods
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Passion for design, not satisfied with the status quo, and always thinking of ways to improve.
- Interested in helping build a global social safety net on the internet.
- Thinking for themselves instead of copying others.
- Creative and bold in the face of any problem.
- Intellectually honest and has high integrity.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
You will receive salary and equity compensation, health insurance, a laptop, a minimum of four weeks of the yearly vacation, personal development budget, attendance of professional conferences (and much more 😉).
We have a minimum of two annual team gatherings where you will join us. The previous gatherings were in Ljubljana, San Francisco, and Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.