- USA Only
Do you get a kick out of turning complex problems into elegant user experiences? Are you interested in joining a team where you’ll have wide latitude to impact the look and feel of the product? Do you want to work on a collaborative team where your ideas will matter, both internally and for customers?
Who we are:
Rockerbox simplifies marketing decision making and helps fuel the growth of leading DTC brands such as Rothy’s, Figs, Burton, and Tracksmith. By tracking all of their marketing activity and spend, and reconciling it against purchases, we provide an accurate view of their marketing performance so they can make data-driven decisions and keep growing in the highly competitive e-commerce space. We are at the “scale” stage of our business, and we are looking for a Product Designer to join our Product team.
Rockerbox is a values-driven company and people who enjoy working with us are committed to doing good work but not afraid to laugh at themselves. As a team, we are collaborative, transparent, and not afraid to admit when we’re wrong — we move quickly, but we are not frantic. People who enjoy working on the Product team at Rockerbox are deeply passionate about delivering a well- constructed, valuable product to customers, curious, and eager to solve problems.
What you’d be doing:
As a Product Designer, you will be driving design research, ideation, and execution on both product enhancements and greenfield features. Your understanding of digital product design principles and insights from user research will inform the development of the product — you will drive the enhancement of the interface, making it better and easier to use. Starting from wireframes and prototypes to polished visual designs, you will help the team release product experiences that delight and empower our customers.
Some of the functions you’ll take on include:
- Work with product, engineering, and customer solutions to understand how our customers use Rockerbox and what they need to succeed
- Analyze user behaviors and identify pain points and areas of improvement
- Produce concepts and prototypes, in both low and high fidelity, to test and validate ideas
- Collaborate with engineering teams to drive deliverables to implementation
- Communicate your design work and the reasonings for your design decisions across the company
- Help develop and evolve the Rockerbox design system
Who you are:
You deeply care about creating intuitive interfaces and appreciate the challenge of doing so for enterprise customers seeking to understand complex data. You communicate transparently, and enjoy collaborating with others. You create a balance between designing a beautiful UI and making robust functionality available to users. You enjoy thinking through complex problems and iterating through your ideas alongside your colleagues.
People from a variety of backgrounds could excel in this role, and our ideal candidate will bring:
- 3+ years experience as a Product Designer
- Prior experience designing a product for a business-facing user base
- Experience designing analytics products or data visualizations is a strong plus
- Demonstrated success leading a design process from research to ideation to prototyping and iteration to collaboration with engineering to release
- Experience with design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision
Why you’d love us:
If you are looking for a low-ego tech startup where you can learn a complex system end-to-end, and join the company as we are accelerating to scale, Rockerbox is the place for you. You’ll have an early, instrumental role as we revamp the look and layout of the product, and your work will help set the foundation for future designers.
We're not your typical analytics company — Rockerbox uses data to give people actionable insights that they use to make budget decisions every day. You’ll support innovative, customer-centric brands as they take on established players by giving them the tools they need to win. We use data to tell stories about who a company's customers are and why some marketing is better than others.
Not least, you’ll work alongside colleagues who support each other to continually improve and deliver exceptional value, in a collegial, helpful environment — we genuinely like each other as people, and work together to make good things happen for all of us.
Rockerbox is a remote-first, equal opportunity employer and we actively encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.