Mos is on a mission to tear down financial barriers to opportunity. We built the first banking product designed not to manage student debt - but to eliminate it. And we’re just getting started. We’re shipping fast, growing rapidly, and backed on our quest by world-class investors like Sequoia, Lux Capital, Stephen Curry, and more. You can learn more about our culture and what it's like to work at Mos here.
As a designer within the product team at Mos, you are responsible for translating our vision into our app. In prior roles, you’ve worked tirelessly to understand your customers’ needs and solve them through beautifully designed experiences that get the job done. In your next chapter at Mos, we are counting on you to harness your excellent product intuition, seasoned UX & design skills, and infectious positive energy to bring a revolutionary - not evolutionary - experience to life for our students.
We are remote friendly within the United States and have an office in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Understand the diverse needs of our brilliant student community to design and ship experiences that deeply resonate with them. Whether you’re running your own lightweight research and analysis, interviewing our students, or user-testing your work, you’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you’re solving to ensure we don’t just ship the thing right, but we ship the right thing. And you know the answer is always our students.
- Collaborate closely with our product and engineering teams to mold concepts into flows and flows into prototypes that we test, build and ship often.
- Relentlessly raise the design bar, ensuring our students are delighted by effortless and gratifying experiences every time they come to Mos. While we move fast, we don’t compromise on quality. We are counting on your intuition and judgment to hold the line where it counts, and infuse user-centered design principles deep within our organizational DNA.
- Take charge of the entire design process from ideation through to detailed UX flows and screens. You are an owner, you love and crave responsibility. We’ll need you to trust your instincts and proactively run the ball down the field.
Who we're looking for
- Prior experience as a UX designer on consumer-facing, mobile first products, preferably social and gaming products. Experience operating in a high-growth, fast-paced startup a major plus.
- You are known first and foremost for being an incredibly logical and methodical thinker and for your relentless desire to understand “why.” Design is both an art and a science — but you know the best design is science, in fact its what fuels your success.
- You are known next for your deep empathy - you hear the meaning behind others’ words. Your products are more than incredibly well structured UX flows that get jobs done, they create experiences that tap into deeper emotions, aspirations and human behaviors.
- You abhor designing in a vacuum - you are fired up to hear that we have our own student research community at our fingertips, and we hold ourselves accountable to continuously incorporate user feedback to test, iterate and hone our ideas.
- You have structured and conducted user research engagements, managed prototyping-feedback processes, and repeatedly traversed the development journey from prototype to functional build to in-market product.
- You are highly adept at conveying concepts through wireframes, flows, and mockups and consider yourself a Figma wizard. You have many tools in your arsenal and are thoughtful about when to use them — for example, Figma for quick prototypes vs. Principle and Protopie for more detailed interactions and animations.
- You crave personal hyper-growth and aspire to become the best at what you do. You have the humility and courage to grow as we grow (prior experience managing other designers a plus).
- You are compelled by the call to design products that build habits that truly change lives. You understand this will require you to transform hyper-complex and tedious flows into simple and engaging experiences — and you are both excited by and committed to the cause.