- 10 applicants (22%)
4-5 days per week, fully remote (the London office is available to work in if you prefer IRL, people use it 3-4 days per week). Salary + share options
We are searching for an exceptional Product Designer to join the Mindstone team. Reporting to Mindstone’s Chief Product Officer, the Product Designer will be responsible for the look, feel, and experience of Mindstone. We are in the process of refining the visual identity of the Mindstone brand, and this person will be responsible for refining and applying this, ultimately creating a beautiful consumer product with a distinct personality. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an experienced Chief Product Officer, visionary CEO, and excellent engineering team, to bring the Mindstone vision (a world where opportunity is restricted only by what you know and your willingness to learn, not by who you know or where you came from) to life.
- Have overall accountability for creating the UX flows (from scratch), making the experience as easy and gratifying as possible for the user. Ensuring the UX flows are documented and updated too.
- Strategize with the team including being able to present and explain your design decisions to stakeholders. to create concepts that can be delivered to customers on a regular basis.
- Outline specifications for new flows and features that can be easily implemented by the Engineering team.
- Apply and refine the visual identity of the brand across the website and application, being the single source of truth (and creating a style guide) for how things should look and feel, ensuring there is a simple process and guide that Engineers can follow for some feature development, without high resolution designs.
- Alongside the Chief Product Officer, translate research into ideas and designs that create real value for the user.
- Assist in conducting continuous customer discovery, including user interviews, surveys, and prototype testing.
- Proactively conduct user research to understand specific and general pain points, then developing fast (and sometimes more complex) innovative ideas to combat the issue. Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and visual designs and effectively communicate your interaction ideas.
- Support the marketing team with visual assets for growth and social media work.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with developers, copywriters, and other designers.
Skills and Background
- Experience as a Product Designer (UI and UX) in a VC-backed startup is a big plus.
- A drive to build something that hasn’t been built before.
- You are both strategic and hands on. Someone who can make decisions, drive simplicity (very hard) but also execute and produce beautiful designs in Figma. Culturally it is important that you enjoy “doing” as well as directing.
- Preferably, your experience is geared toward consumer facing digital products. However, we welcome any portfolio for consideration.
- We do not expect illustration as a skill but we’d love for this person to have a sophisticated eye for authentic, on brand photography and videos.
- You are process driven, highly organised, and comfortable using platforms to collaborate and manage your own work.
- Experience with UI animations is a plus.
- 30 minute call with Mindstone’s COO, Romanie
- Interview with Mindstone’s Chief Product Officer, Melinda
- Take home and presentation stage with Melinda, Romanie, and Mindstone’s CEO, Josh
- Meet the team
Accelerate the progress of humanity by removing barriers to learning.
A world where opportunity is restricted only by what you know and your willingness to learn, not by who you know or where you came from
1 million people learn twice as fast by 2025
Current education institutions have failed to keep pace with the way people learn and businesses hire today, with Korn Ferry predicting a $8.5T skill gap by 2030.
Even though everyone is constantly learning from best-practice articles, podcasts, Youtube videos and even tweet threads, that learning is often suboptimal. People don’t know to learn and despite what we know about how the brain works today, the science of learning is not fulfilling its full potential.
Compounding this issue is the fact that companies struggle to identify talent using the outdated tools of degrees and certificates, while a lack of alternative skill measurement restricts opportunity for talented people with the right skills, but the wrong qualifications.
Mindstone is building the stackoverflow + fitbit for learning (without the wearable). We help you learn faster, remember more and quantify the skills you acquire online. So you can learn in your way, on your terms, and your learning is recognised by employers who can make better talent decisions.
Joshua, CEO, 20y+ experience. Ex Co-Founder & CPTO @ SuperAwesome, acquired by Epic Games. Florian, CTO, 20y+ development experience, worked with Joshua across 5 companies before, ex Monzo. Melinda, Chief Product Officer. Ex Founder and experience with consumer gamification companies. . Stefan, engineering, 10y+ development experience, including 3 with Florian & Joshua @ SuperAwesome. Frieda, UX & design, 10y+ experience, ex Grab. Romanie, COO, 15y+ experience. Ex Founder and CEO of Juggle Jobs, backed by Social Capital & Oxford Capital.
- A meta quest headset
- Regular company retreats (quarterly)
- Generous holiday (25 + bank holidays and time in between Xmas and NY)
- Pension contribution
- Highly flexible autonomous environment