About the job
My name is Tibi, Product Manager at Medicspot.
Our company is growing, and I am looking for our first Product Designer to work alongside me and our Product team on some exciting and transformative projects!
It's an awesome role with a diverse scope, high visibility, and the potential for tons of impact across all our products.
You can apply through our Linkedin job post. If you have any questions about the position feel free to email me at tibi.iorga at medicspot.co.uk
Who are we?
Medicspot is an award-winning startup building a unique network of telemedicine clinics. Our technology gives doctors the ability to remotely examine patients during a live video consultation, resulting in better access and quality of care. We serve the NHS with our technology solutions and the private health market with our tech-enabled pharmacy clinics. We have also been leading the way in the area of Covid travel testing services.
We are a small company with a tight-knit and collaborative team atmosphere. You will work closely with product managers and the wider team to design elegant solutions for users.
Take ownership of the design of the product
- Contribute towards the end-to-end design product process - activities will include: competitor & industry research, flows & visual design, prototyping, supporting role in user research, presenting design recommendations, and design support for software engineers. You will create hi- and lo-fi prototypes that can be validated with users and communicate the detail of these interactions to developers
- Meet regularly with all stakeholders, including engineering, operations, and leadership team to gather feedback and user requirements
- Take ownership of and evolve the brand visual identity to ensure consistency across the whole Medicspot ecosystem
Help build and promote a design and data-driven culture
- Building and constantly improving our design system with the aim of creating consistent graphics and layouts
- Research competitors and conduct design evaluation that will inform what we build and how we build it
- Investing in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further design practices
- You’ll actively help colleagues to understand the value of design, provide perspective, and advice. Advocating design to diverse audiences (including senior leaders)
- A strong portfolio that clearly demonstrates your product design process and work.
- Always thinking about inclusivity and accessibility when it comes to your design decisions.
- Able to communicate your design decisions effectively both within the Product team and to non-creative stakeholders.
- Experience of user-centered design principles & working in agile development teams.
- You can convert designs into a flowing prototype to test with stakeholders, identifying and rectifying design problems.
- Experience presenting or facilitating design talks/ workshops internally.
- Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems and proactively contribute to the objectives of the business.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual design.
What do we offer?
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Paid sick leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- IT equipment for home working
- Free Covid testing and discounted testing for family and friends
- Flexible working options
- Genuine opportunities to grow and learn professionally