- 19 applicants
Title: Product Designer
Location:Work from Anywhere
Mechanical Orchard is a fast-growing startup that takes a fresh view on old problems. We replace legacy computing systems for the Global 2000, with a focus on mitigating risk and creating a genuinely solid foundation for innovating and adapting.
Our background in software development and the impact on the industry is well known, and we’ve literally helped write the book on XP and other impactful agile practices. We’re applying the same thoughtfulness and rigor in weaving AI into everything we do. We believe in the durable principles behind agile, and embrace the power of cross-functional teams, collective ownership, test driven development, short feedback loops, and continuous improvement.
We are Generous, Ethical, Effective, and Kind.
As a Product Designer at Mechanical Orchard, you will be expected to:
– Work as part of a cross functional development team to ensure that the product being built aligns with the customer’s vision and meets the needs of its users.
– Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, other product designers and other roles on the team
– Conduct user research, creating wireframes and prototypes, and test designs to ensure they are effective
– Iterate on designs based on qualitative and quantitative feedback from users, customers, and the development team
– Facilitate brainstorming sessions and collaborative design workshops with remote teams
– Pair with engineers as needed to help with implementation of designs
– Apply a systems level thought approach when needed
– Apply and advocate for modern product design practices including lean UX and user centered design
The ideal candidate has worked as a product designer in a professional, team- based environment, with a portfolio of previous design work and a deep understanding of user-centered design principles. You should be comfortable with a variety of design tools, including Figma. Some consulting experience is a bonus.
Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as empathy are essential for working closely with the development team, customers, and others at Mechanical Orchard.
Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Mechanical Orchard, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages. Mechanical Orchard, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Thanks!