Who we are
Maestro is a learning innovation company. Our purpose is to do good in the world by inspiring positive change through better learning experiences driven by creative strategy, design, and technology. Maestro creates learning that empowers and inspires. We hire talented humans who are aligned with our purpose and truly care about the needs of our clients and everyone around them.
What we build
To support our purpose to do good in the world by inspiring positive change through better learning experiences, we are building a learning Platform. This platform is a learning ecosystem – both content delivery tools and content creation tools – that work both together and independently to allow learning professionals to create learning programs that uniquely satisfy their learner’s needs.
Who you are
You are a passionate, ambitious, and well-rounded product designer who is comfortable working end-to-end in the design process, in a space where problems and solutions are not well defined. In fact, the ownership that you exude allows you to cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and make executive decisions in loosely scoped problem spaces. If you told me you live for pixel perfection, I wouldn’t be surprised. Your obsessive attention to detail allows you to understand complex systems and processes, both in software and in the real world. Sometimes, you feel like the champion of usability, user-centered design and accessibility! Not only do you dive deep into customer pain points, but you advocate and invent on behalf of them without a personal attachment to any particular idea.
What you’ll be doing on the Design Team
- Requirement gathering, ideating, creating, and maintaining concepts to communicate potential solutions
- Participate in and lead user research methodologies to inform product decisions
- Transform abstract ideas into tangible prototypes by balancing user stories, technical constraints, and business objectives to inform your solution
- Create deliverables to communicate your design work including sketches, wireframes, low-fi concepts, and dev-ready feature specs
- Strategically maintain design system components in a way that maintains reusability, while also refining the visual identity
- Own the design process end to end and work closely with engineers to implement and ship both new features and updates to existing ones
- Leverage Maestro’s learning principles to craft enterprise-level software that inspires change
- Leverage the power of storytelling to communicate solutions to business stakeholders and clients
Talents we’re looking for
- 1+ years of Product Design experience
- Ability to be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering software solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
- Ability to continually give and solicit feedback from others across a wide-range of disciplines to achieve a rich perspective
- Ability to gather and synthesize high-level requirements and lead feature teams from abstract ideas to tangible solutions
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong visual design skills
- Ability to thrive and lead in collaborative design, iterative design, and an inclusive UX design process
- Advocate for accessibility and inclusive design
- Ability to work collaboratively, remain open to feedback, and know how and when to defend design decisions
- Base salary. We take your experience and talent level into great consideration
- Compensation package that includes medical, dental, life insurance and an optional 401k
- Work/Life Balance: Maestro takes pride in the incredible work ethic of our employees. Instead of a traditional vacation and/or sick leave policy, you have the freedom to take as much leave as you need. Time off is yours to enjoy when you like so long as you follow a few courtesies to ensure we are all playing by the same rules and looking out for each other
- Remote First: Maestro recognizes that great talent and great work comes from any geography. Though there may be times and projects that require being in our headquarters, our team is free to work remotely. We ensure you have the tools and resources to do your best work, wherever that might be from
**We believe that creating an inclusive workplace helps us create better
Maestro is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging a part of everything we do—from our employee experience to how we engage with our clients, users, and our community. Regardless of gender, gender identity, race, disability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, and marital status, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.