- USA Only
- 1 applicant (8%)
at LaunchDarkly (View all jobs)
Remote – US
About the Job:
As a Product Designer you’ll work with a cross-functional group of Design, Product Management and Engineering team mates, focused on a specific area of LaunchDarkly. You’ll contribute to the end-to-end user experience, from discovery, through generative low fidelity, through to detailed interactions and polished visual design, of your team’s area of ownership. We are open to this team member working remotely.
At LaunchDarkly, we’re on a mission to help teams build better software, faster. We started by focusing on the developer experience, and now we’re expanding beyond that to designers, PMs, and anyone else who affects the customer’s experience. We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us reach that vision.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You’ll join a small and growing team where you will have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
- Exploratory research with customers to inform your team’s strategy, roadmap, and design decisions. Wireframes, prototypes, lo-fi sketches whatever is needed to get the job done to explore potential solutions
- Leading Generative Brainstorms – Help the team generate ideas for a nascent new offering. Identify the ideas with the greatest impact or opportunity, craft visions for these on a medium term time frame (~6 mo)
- Storytelling – Why are we doing what we are doing? Who is it for? What value will they capture? Help us tell the story of a new offering, how it augments our existing surface area and generates new value for a new customer type.
- Usability testing with customers to refine your designs so that we’re confident we’re shipping the best solution
- Creating final, polished design specs for engineers to build. Partner with engineers and product managers throughout the process to ensure that the final product achieves the intended outcome
- Contribute to our design system by working with the rest of the product design team and frontend engineers to design and build new components and patterns
- Collaborate with your fellow product designers to create a cohesive, consistent user experience
- You are a strong, independent, autonomous Product Designer that’s worked across a number of subject matter areas, customers and experiences and aren’t afraid to learn something new
- You love the idea of making life easier for people who build software
- You’re passionate and curious about why people do what they do and how that affects how they interact with what you design and build
- You love working on a cross-functional team and are continuously gathering feedback on your work and contributing feedback to others, even outside of design.
- Experience designing SaaS products, with a portfolio of shipped work
- While Product Designers at LaunchDarkly own work on the end-to-end design of product experiences, we don’t expect you to be an expert in every skill a designer may possess. You should, however, be strong in two or three areas, and competent at the rest.
- Lifelong learner, always looking to grow and improve at your craft
- Able to autonomously juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- Great storyteller and presenter of design work
Target pay range for a Level P3 in United States: $144,000 – $169,000*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka “dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We’re building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is ‘Widen the Circle’. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it’s the right match for your skillset.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.